Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the traction control have to be off in order to reach speeds more then 115mph. thanks everyone for anwsering my questions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
jshaps said:
my car wont let me go faster then 115 whats wrong
there shoud be nothing stopping you from going up to 155, assuming your foot is heavy enough.
What exactly happens at 115?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
um first of all i am not a chicken i would love to take it faster and i try it just stops and says that the traction control turns on and thats it nothing else i can do then slow done what should i do thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
standby said:
It's simple..............He chickens out

Chickened out? Seems to me you did the same thing your accusing him of - heck, at least some of us can attest to the fact our XLR's have limiters, you can't.


Jshaps, I think you might have an issue your dealership should be able to solve, however I want to be a fly on the wall when you explain the fact your car cannot exceed 115 mph............. :glol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
mswaim said:
I want to be a fly on the wall when you explain the fact your car cannot exceed 115 mph............. :glol

or the next day when the dealer says "could not replicate problem" :glol


Seriously, jshaps, take it in to be fixed.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
Not to mention the follow-up test drive, post repair. "Here's your keys sir, we think we found the solution. We made several runs to 155 without a hitch".
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
0 Posts
jshaps said:
so what should i do about the problem

1_XLR and I are just kidding you, but we both agree you should take it in and explain the issue. it is a problem that needs to be fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
we're having some fun with this, but ultimately what is the manufactures responsibility? An owner could have any number of issues at unlawful speeds, yet the vehicle is under warranty (contract to be repaired). jshaps for example, has an obvious traction control related malfunction that is warranted, but the dealer is not going to drive it 115+ to test or repair. Is the dealer required to hit and miss until the owner says its OK? :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Yes, that`s funny but here in my town it would take the dealer about 10 minutes to find out how fast his XLR runs. We got here about 5 miles to hit the autobahn and 115 is nothing for an XLR.
I love most all in the USA beside the limited speeds on some of this wonderfull highways. The most of you are in Ca. but in Fl. Naples to Miami you can let your cars run. I observed there an avg. speed of many drivers between 90 - 110 mph and I´ve had a CTS V there up to 169 mph.

I hate speed limits :reddevil

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
It's almost certainly kicking up a code... should be something they can diagnose legally
 
G

·
hate speed limits...........It's a money maker for the governmet

Three cheers for Hans

Bob

harrysxlr said:
Yes, that`s funny but here in my town it would take the dealer about 10 minutes to find out how fast his XLR runs. We got here about 5 miles to hit the autobahn and 115 is nothing for an XLR.
I love most all in the USA beside the limited speeds on some of this wonderfull highways. The most of you are in Ca. but in Fl. Naples to Miami you can let your cars run. I observed there an avg. speed of many drivers between 90 - 110 mph and I´ve had a CTS V there up to 169 mph.

I hate speed limits :reddevil

Hans
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Eyedoc said:
Why isn't the CTS-V governored?
hummmm good question! are you sure it's not?
both cars stock have W rated tires (168mph max), I don't think GM would allow the car to go faster than the tire is rated.
I'm sure the CTS-V could exceed 168 and we know the XLR would if not governored.

Harry...what tires are on your XLR???
...and the CTS-V you drove here, did it top out at 168-169MPH??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
1_XLR said:
hummmm good question! are you sure it's not?
both cars stock have W rated tires (168mph max), I don't think GM would allow the car to go faster than the tire is rated.
I'm sure the CTS-V could exceed 168 and we know the XLR would if not governored.

Harry...what tires are on your XLR???
...and the CTS-V you drove here, did it top out at 168-169MPH??
Hi 1 XLR,
yes I´ve had the CTS V this fast.
But don`t forget one thing, almost any showing on the speedo is about 5 - 10 % faster than actually going. I drove an A8 and 745 and both are limited at 155 mph or 250 kph but the speedo goes up to 264/267 kph.
I think with my XLR the 289 kph will be about 270 real (168 mph)
I`ve also had the STS N* up to 269 kph.
I have the same tires on my XLR as you do, it`s the 235/50ZR18 97 W and they are allowed here up to 270 kph.

I just wonder why the US models stops exactly at 155, with the speedo-error this would be about 146-148 mph.

Harry Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top