Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't see a truck but I did see about 15 XLR's, some MB SL500's, Lexus SC 430's, and a couple of jag's at Gateway International raceway this weekend.

The XLR's were either gray or black.

It seems as though Cadillac is inviting folks to drive and compare to the other cars.

If my stuff wasn't better than the other guys stuff than I wouldn't do that. Cadillac must think there stuff is better than the best in the world...there is something to be said for that!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure did,I was on the phone making final arrangements to pick up my 03 Anniversary Edition when Gary notified me that at 2:42 Friday afternoon the 03's went out of production and that 04's start Monday morn.

·
Registered
535 Posts
XLR deliveries

As of today, no XLRs have been delivered to any dealership. Apparently, Cadillac wants to have on-site training with every dealer before any are delivered.

If you contact your dealer, you may be able to participate (or watch) when Cadillac comes to your dealer with an XLR to train the people at the dealership. I assume it will primarly be only sales people, but I don't know.

I got this information from Cadillac this morning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmm... interesting, as I just saw one this last weekend (see my other post). Perhaps a few slipped out - or perhaps I was just lucky to view the dealer sales folks themselves returning from their training test drive... didn't seem like it though. The driver clearly was in everyday type clothes, and surely not dressed like you would expect someone on the job at a dealership...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another sighting

yellowZ06 said:
Hmm... interesting, as I just saw one this last weekend (see my other post). Perhaps a few slipped out - or perhaps I was just lucky to view the dealer sales folks themselves returning from their training test drive... didn't seem like it though. The driver clearly was in everyday type clothes, and surely not dressed like you would expect someone on the job at a dealership...
I saw one in the Rochester Hills PetsMart parking lot last weekend. Of course, I had to ask. The driver was the woman who designed the hood. She was great - gave me all sorts of info and said just a few cars had been released to people involved in the production/design of the car. Said they've been getting stopped everywhere they go by people like me, asking questions.

She also said the car would also be available with 4 wheel drive, but I haven't heard that anywhere else - and rather doubt it... perhaps she just knows the parts of the car that get the sun best!

By the way - she was in casual clothes, too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Today I heard that all pre-existing order numbers will be changed because, like the above post suggests, all XLRs that have been completed will be aggresively tested to 100,000 miles for quality control by employees, etc. None of them will be shipped to dealers. The ones that are entering production now will be delivered to end users.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts