Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The estimates for XLR production for the first week of December 2003 are now available. The estimated total XLR production for 12/1/03 to 12/8/03 is 92 XLRs.

I suspect, based on previous production numbers, that this figure is on the high side. The GM totals, rather than the estimates, will give the more accurate figure at the end of the month.

Using the above figure, total number of production-level XLRs now stands at 781 XLRs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already suspect that this week's estimates are much higher than actuals but I'll post them anyway. The XLR production estimate for 12/8/03 through 12/13/03 is 93 XLRs. The December 2003 total is now 193 XLRs made this month.

Assuming that 193 is correct, the new total of production-level XLRs is 882 production level XLRs.

Sorry I don't have any numbers that would work for the "12 XLR Days of Christmas" song ("eight cylinders...")

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Quixotic:

I FINALLY was able to obtain the serial number for my XLR which is 1044.

HOWEVER the car which completed the manufacturing phase on 11/2 is STILL MIA. The dealer comfirmed that the car was in a 2nd quality control "batch" but can't find out what the problem was. He has escalated it within the Caddy heirarchy but still no tissue invoice--yet.

I mention this for several reasons including the fact that my serial number is higher than the total calculated production numbers indicated in this thread and it was completed on 11/2. Maybe the formula is off.

In any event, I'll bet the car shows up before the paperwork.

Regards.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, while it could be off, the VIN is not an indication of how many production level XLRs exist. My understanding is that VINs are also assigned to pre-production cars as well as cars that failed quality control and therefore were not sent to dealers.

The numbers I'm receiving at the end of the month only include production-level XLRs sent to dealers for sale. The estimates have not removed the current month's non-sellable XLRs.

There really are at least four different ways of answering, "how many production-level XLRs are in existance?"

BTW, even the Neiman Marcus edition VINs have "holes" in them. I don't understand why but have seen examples of Standard XLR VINs in the middle of the NM VINs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My XLR is also caught up in the QC hold since 11/3-- I have been told there is a problem with a hinge that is part of the automatic roof system..has anyone experienced that actually has a XLR a high pitched noise when the top closes?

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
XLR1 FL u r welcome--I was supposed to "hear some good news" this past Friday but never got the call, but then again I was promised the car b4 Thanksgiivng too! Note the personal ass't program has been useless and frustrating--what a waste of money...I am not happy at all with the mis-information or no information that Cadillac has provided me...It is hard to believe that I have had a deposit on this car since APRIL 2002...I wonder if the car will show up b4 2004!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
XLR 1 FL just heard from my dealer (monday afternoon) that mine was moved from hold to ship--says they have >75 cars to get out so will still take some time--hopefully b4 2004
Did u hear anything from your dealer of a similar nature? hope so

·
Registered
105 Posts
XLR 1 FL
vin last 4 digits=1024...color is silver, shale interior---no
information after yesterday--i will post when I hear the car is actually in transit--it's 30 degrees here so I know i will not be riding with the top down for a while but can still enjoy the car-- I have a 98 vette conv that has never seen snow till this year (i need to store it once the XLR gets here)

·
Registered
105 Posts
XLR 1 FL heard from dealer today that car will show up in the windy city Tuesday or Wed--also was told the BG facilty is closed for the next 2 weeks but shipping of the >100 cars that have been on QC hold will continue through next Wed...did u hear any news on yours?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
December 15th - December 20th

I'm a little late posting for last week - sorry about that.

Anyway, the XLR production estimates were revised downward, as expected. These are still estimates, but seem a bit more realistic. We'll know the real numbers in early January.

For the week between 12/15/03 and 12/20/03, an estimated 97 XLRs were produced. Because of previous corrections, the total number of XLRs produced in December 2003 is now listed as 187 XLRs.

This brings the total number of production level XLRs to 876 production level units (including Neiman Marcus editions). Please note that this is actually a lower number than the previous week's total XLR estimate. That shows how much of a correction occured in the estimates.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
December 22, 2003 - December 27, 2003

A quick update...The production levels are dropping as expected during the holiday season.

For the week starting 12/22/03 and ending 12/27/03. the total XLR production estimate was 37 XLRs. This brings the December 2003 estimate to 284 XLRs. I still think that figure is wildly high and will drop when the actual numbers are released.

Assuming 284 is accurate for December 2003, the total number of production-level XLRs (including the single green-metallic NM edition XLR) is 973 XLRs.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
December 29, 2003 - December 31, 2003

Not surprisingly the estimated number of XLRs produced between December 29, 2003 and the end of the year was 0.

This leaves the estimate for December 2003 at 284 XLRs. That number will likely change downward when the official statistics are released by GM.

If 284 XLRs were produced in December 2003, then the total number of production level XLRs stays at 973 vehicles.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Official December 2003 Production Numbers

The official totals for December 2003 are in. Surprisingly (at least to me) they are not much different than the estimate. The total number of XLRs produced in December 2003 was 287 XLRs, according to the GM press release.

This brings the total number of production-level XLRs to 976, including the Neiman Marcus editions (yes, even the metallic green XLR).

For those keeping track, 976 XLRs was the total produced in calendar year 2003. This compares to the pre-production estimate of 1500-1800. In my opinion (whatever that is worth), that puts Cadillac on track to make approximately 2,700 XLRs in the '04 production year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts