Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help....I have read some of the posts...but have been unable to access our car. We have both sets of keys....have undone the entry on rear bumper and turned the key....but don't know how hard or far to turn key....do we turn it to 3 o'clock, 6'oclock? Push down or pull up on trunk or hood?! We have tried most of that to no avail....please give us better details....Thanks,
:nopityLocked out in Aiken

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Look up my access procedure and print it out.

In the meantime, take some WD-40 and spray at little in the bumper lock system to let in soak inand free up any corrosion.

Turn the key to the right to the 3 o'clock position and pay careful attention to the gap at the bottom of the trunk and the bumper because the trunk won't raise that much.

Then lift it up manually to the full open position and follow the procedure.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Yeah, what he said, plus . . .

It might be easier if one person turns the key and the other lifts the rear decklid. Put your hands against the rear center brakelight, and push upwards. Remember, you're fighting the hydraulics, so it's going to take significant cardio-pulmonary effort.

After that, buy and faithfully use a Battery Tender!!!

CC :)

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Please help....I have read some of the posts...but have been unable to access our car. We have both sets of keys....have undone the entry on rear bumper and turned the key....but don't know how hard or far to turn key....do we turn it to 3 o'clock, 6'oclock? Push down or pull up on trunk or hood?! We have tried most of that to no avail....please give us better details....Thanks,
:nopityLocked out in Aiken

FWIW: I posted the access procedure document in the Electrical and in the Top and Trunk Operation Sections in the Technical Area.

I hope it works for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, what he said, plus . . .

It might be easier if one person turns the key and the other lifts the rear decklid. Put your hands against the rear center brakelight, and push upwards. Remember, you're fighting the hydraulics, so it's going to take significant cardio-pulmonary effort.

After that, buy and faithfully use a Battery Tender!!!

CC :)
I totally agree with buying a Battery Tender. Find them at Amazon. About $25 Comes with a neat connector you can attach to the battery and reaches the grill to plug in. Sort of like a block heater.No need to raise the hood and clip on a charger cable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would it work to attach a jumper cable or battery charger to the starter main terminal and ground somewhere?
Would it work to attach a jumper cable or battery charger to the starter main terminal and ground somewhere?
The starter draws a lot of Amps. Much more than the Battery Tender can provide. You'd need a regular battery charger with "engine start" capability. They provide a short burst of power to get the engine started .As far as attaching to the starter main terminal, that would work if you can get at it. I'd have to put my car on a lift so I could get at it from underneatrh. Much easier to provide power to the system at the battery terminals.Nice thing about the Battery Tender is that it is designed to be left hooked up. Like for boats, cycles, ATVs and other toys that are only used occasionally.. I use the 'Junior' model. It comes with a short cable with ring terminals that attach to the battery. The power connector lies in the tray under the right hand windshield wiper. Don't need to raise the hood to provide power'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts