Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help....I have read some of the posts...but have been unable to access our car. We have both sets of keys....have undone the entry on rear bumper and turned the key....but don't know how hard or far to turn key....do we turn it to 3 o'clock, 6'oclock? Push down or pull up on trunk or hood?! We have tried most of that to no avail....please give us better details....Thanks,
:nopityLocked out in Aiken

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Look up my access procedure and print it out.

In the meantime, take some WD-40 and spray at little in the bumper lock system to let in soak inand free up any corrosion.

Turn the key to the right to the 3 o'clock position and pay careful attention to the gap at the bottom of the trunk and the bumper because the trunk won't raise that much.

Then lift it up manually to the full open position and follow the procedure.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Yeah, what he said, plus . . .

It might be easier if one person turns the key and the other lifts the rear decklid. Put your hands against the rear center brakelight, and push upwards. Remember, you're fighting the hydraulics, so it's going to take significant cardio-pulmonary effort.

After that, buy and faithfully use a Battery Tender!!!

CC :)

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Please help....I have read some of the posts...but have been unable to access our car. We have both sets of keys....have undone the entry on rear bumper and turned the key....but don't know how hard or far to turn key....do we turn it to 3 o'clock, 6'oclock? Push down or pull up on trunk or hood?! We have tried most of that to no avail....please give us better details....Thanks,
:nopityLocked out in Aiken

FWIW: I posted the access procedure document in the Electrical and in the Top and Trunk Operation Sections in the Technical Area.

I hope it works for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts