Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had one burn out yet? Only 5,000 miles and I noticed yesterday that my drivers side (amber) daytime running light bulb was not working.

My guess is it's unique to the XLR and will need to be ordered in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
lamp replacement

the dealer just replaced the passenger side driving light last thursday. He has to remove the entire headlamp assembly to get to the bulb. This was done at 5600 miles.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had my license plate lamp burn out w/in 1000 miles, i replaced it myself (which I do not recommend), there is serious dissasembly of the the trunk compartment required.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just FYI - My dealer is still waiting for a replacement bulb for my daytime running light. Placed order on the 20th of July.

I've found a source on-line for the bulb, I think I'll order two of them myself just to cut down on the wait time when the next one burns out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like maybe the dealer has lost your parts order or it was never placed. When my light went out the dealer order it on a Monday and received it on Wednesday. I watched the mechanic replace the bulb, he had to remove the entire headlamp assembly, access to this was from inside the wheel well and under the hood.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer finally changed the bulb, first one they have ever done so it took awhile. On a positive note, they ordered in three bulbs just in case, so next time it should take no time to find a bulb and less time to install it.
All's well that ends well. :cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stupid question.. are light bulbs covered under the vehicle warranty.. or does this cost to have them replaced. Thanks!

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are a warranty item as far as I know. This was my first on this car, however we lost several lights on our Allantes but the dealer always replaced them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts