Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had one burn out yet? Only 5,000 miles and I noticed yesterday that my drivers side (amber) daytime running light bulb was not working.

My guess is it's unique to the XLR and will need to be ordered in.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just FYI - My dealer is still waiting for a replacement bulb for my daytime running light. Placed order on the 20th of July.

I've found a source on-line for the bulb, I think I'll order two of them myself just to cut down on the wait time when the next one burns out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like maybe the dealer has lost your parts order or it was never placed. When my light went out the dealer order it on a Monday and received it on Wednesday. I watched the mechanic replace the bulb, he had to remove the entire headlamp assembly, access to this was from inside the wheel well and under the hood.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer finally changed the bulb, first one they have ever done so it took awhile. On a positive note, they ordered in three bulbs just in case, so next time it should take no time to find a bulb and less time to install it.
All's well that ends well. :cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.