Cadillac XLR Forum banner

coolant leak

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  JSMACK 
#1 ·
Anyone having or have had this problem. My 04 has been sitting for 3weeks and
is leaking coolant, (approx 1/2 gal). It does not leak if you drive it regularly only if
it sits for a couple of weeks.

I have an appointment tomorrow for service. Any input is appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
my 04 leaked....told me it was a pin hole in the top tank.... they replaced the whole radiator rather than repair. couldn't tell it was leaking when it was driven since the hole was so small, but it would puddle up after sitting for awhile......not to the tune of 1/2 gallon though.

#6 ·
I am getting a message saying "low coolant" when it isn't and the temp guage is normal.When this happened several months ago the dealer pressurized the system and concluded I had a bad water pump which was replaced. The message returned in two weeks. There is no evidence of a leak but it is annoying to keep resetting the DIC.

I previously reported a gas leak which required removal of the transaxle and both gas tanks. The culprit was the hose linking the two. If I knew how to do it I would post pictures of the stripped car.

bumbleent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.