Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the codes with my tech 2 on my 2004 XLR and there were several "No Communication" errors. I have no communication with the following devices:Amplifier( it looks like it may have gotten wet before),DSCC,EBCM,Electronic Suspension Control (It bounces), Instrument Panel Cluster ( It is blacked out), Steering column lock module, Supplemental Inflation Restraint. I am at a loss. Before the IPC went black I was reading ride control and the car was in limp mode 70mph. After it went out, I can drive at any speed. My seats don't slide back any more when I open the door,my top doesn't work and the trunk has to be raised manually...My car is broke. This all started after the battery died when I didn't drive it for months.I am in dire need of help or a good mechanic in Birmingham,AL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess start with the basics how is the cond. of the batt. I would probably replace if not known. If good maybe try to pull the cables off the batt. and hold together to reset. Other than that sorry no help good luck let us know what happens!

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
Sounds like you could use some good news. Here it is: The steering column lock module isn't installed, so a loss of comms is normal.

Which amplifier do you suspect was wet? The stereo amp? If so, was this a flood-damaged car or something?

First, buy a new battery.

Second, buy and use a Battery Tender.

Third, Re-scan your car; if the symptoms persist, meet your local Cadillac Service Manager and buy him a few beers. It sounds like the two of you are going to get to know each other real well.

CCC :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess start with the basics how is the cond. of the batt. I would probably replace if not known. If good maybe try to pull the cables off the batt. and hold together to reset. Other than that sorry no help good luck let us know what happens!
Will do!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you could use some good news. Here it is: The steering column lock module isn't installed, so a loss of comms is normal.

Which amplifier do you suspect was wet? The stereo amp? If so, was this a flood-damaged car or something?

First, buy a new battery.

Second, buy and use a Battery Tender.

Third, Re-scan your car; if the symptoms persist, meet your local Cadillac Service Manager and buy him a few beers. It sounds like the two of you are going to get to know each other real well.

CCC :)
I think the amp. No it's not a flood car, all of it was working befor I let it set and the battery died. but it also looks like the Fld top module may be bad. I didn't modify the compartment in time. I will try your suggestions. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts