Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2004 MY is coming to a close. Production on 05 models to begin in late June! I cannot wait to see the changes for next year. I am under the impression that there will not be much. Let's hope that Cadillac improves on production speed and delivery!:party

·
Registered
136 Posts
Lady_Phoneix,

Yes, it is time for model year change out and it only seem like yesterday that we got out NM XLR pin number on October 15, 2002 and took delivery Sept. 25, 2003. My how time passes.

I too look forward to what Cadillac is doing in the near term and for the long term. Bob Lutz has brought to the parade at GM and is anticipated to bring more in the future.

DFXLR

·
Registered
43 Posts
According to an engineering firm working on the abs system, the XLR-V will be sporting six piston brembos. They had the chassis, but it had the standard powertrain. Not likely to be an 05, more likely an 06. If it needs six piston brembos to stop, gives a good idea of the performance capability it will have.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sheri,

I had just heard from a reliable inside source about the six piston brakes, which means the XLR-V is going to be one mean machine.

The interesting part in all this is how will the Chev. Division deal with this and its Vette relative to over all performance. Vette is currently working on the Viper problem with the C6. It will be very interesting to see how this all works out.

DFXLR

·
Registered
43 Posts
Having seen part or the brakes and suspension work, I can say it going to be one mean machine. If the powertrain difference is similar with the current V-series, I would say at least a 185-200 hp jump. We were not allowed to crawl under it, so all we could see was by squatting on our heels to see. However, if you look under a base and V-series CTS, you will see where this machine is heading. As for the C^ vs XLR-V, I think the differences will still be in the superior ride and handling charachteristics of the XLR. Since the production of the V-series is supposed to be approximately 10 percent of the regular production numbers, the other factor will be more limited supply. Since the northstar has been used in Indy car racing before, I think you will see more of that technology in the XLR than in the vette. Just a guess.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sheri,

Thanks for the additional information. The suggested power increase is great. However, I just wonder how much the Corvette Division folks are going be screeming bloody murder. Time will tell.

DFXLR

·
Registered
43 Posts
It will be interesting. I still think the market has plenty of room for the XLR-V and the vette. With the competition between the engineering groups at GM, I imagine there will be a little of the "run with us, or stay on the porch" bantered back and forth. Also, there are some great plans ahead for the Vette also. It will be fun to watch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sheri,

Yes, I agree is will be intersting to see how the two Divisions will their respective hands in the......

DFXLR

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sheri,

Yes, I agree is will be intersting to see how the two Divisions will their respective hands in the......

DFXLR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts