Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Come on Roberts

14K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Jetboyphx 
G
#1 ·
Who is monitering this website? Roberts inbox is full and has been full for forever.
I'm personally ashamed as a member for all those new people that can't answer posts, e-mail or anything else for that matter.
How about that?
Standby

#2 ·
Standby- I understand your frustrations ... Although I can now post, I'm still having some glitches with my profile. Unfortunately, I respectfully disagree that getting upset with Troy will solve the problem. Many people forget this entire forum is provided FREE of charge. We have the right to move on to someplace better (if it does exist), build our own forum, or patiently wait to see if Troy can resolve the technical issues plaguing new members.

Possible solution: Are any Admin listed in the Forum Leaders still active ... Or can they possibly be of any assistance? Working together, perhapz we can solve this dilemma.

G
#3 ·
I've been a member for over 2 years and have e-mailed Troy many times and he has never responded personally. I think that's very bad communication skills. It doesn't bother me that he ignores my e-mails, but I feel so sorry for the new members that want to be a part of this forum. Maybe I'm not the one to chastise, but if indeed he has "gone missing", maybe someone will pick up on my e-mail.............this is why I posted this post.
I respect your opinion
Bob

Standby- I understand your frustrations ... Although I can now post, I'm still having some glitches with my profile. Unfortunately, I respectfully disagree that getting upset with Troy will solve the problem. Many people forget this entire forum is provided FREE of charge. We have the right to move on to someplace better (if it does exist), build our own forum, or patiently wait to see if Troy can resolve the technical issues plaguing new members.

Possible solution: Are any Admin listed in the Forum Leaders still active ... Or can they possibly be of any assistance? Working together, perhaps we can solve this dilemma.

#4 ·
standby- We both have the same objective ... Letz help bring in new members and keep this forum active. To that end, I've sent a PM to the three Admin listed in the "Forum Leaders" section ... And via the "Contact" button, sent emails to the Admin at the Corvette Forum and Solstice Forum (maybe they have an alternate way of contacting Troy).

I hope we can get some response,

G
#6 ·
Nice job, maybe your course of action will get a response.
standby
standby- We both have the same objective ... Letz help bring in new members and keep this forum active. To that end, I've sent a PM to the three Admin listed in the "Forum Leaders" section ... And via the "Contact" button, sent emails to the Admin at the Corvette Forum and Solstice Forum (maybe they have an alternate way of contacting Troy).

I hope we can get some response,

#5 ·
I blame no one and admit I don't lift a finger to start my own forum. But it is frustrating that such a great car seems to have so little interest. I have Vettes and Vipers and really enjoy those forums and wish there was more activity here.
Admittedly, there are more Vettes/ Vipers out there.

I had to laugh the other day. I went to the Mercedes dealership nearby and saw an SL550 with $107K sticker and thought it looked like crap.

G
#7 ·
CD,
We members remember when this forum was hot and there where about 20 posts or threads each day and we all learned about our XLR's, but the lack of new members not being able to communicate on this site, load pics and e-mails must be very frustrating and I believe is having a very negative impact.
Happy New Year everyone
Bob

I blame no one and admit I don't lift a finger to start my own forum. But it is frustrating that such a great car seems to have so little interest. I have Vettes and Vipers and really enjoy those forums and wish there was more activity here.
Admittedly, there are more Vettes/ Vipers out there.

I had to laugh the other day. I went to the Mercedes dealership nearby and saw an SL550 with $107K sticker and thought it looked like crap.

#11 ·
Troy

Embarrased to say I am not able to do a link. However, the comment is in the first post of a thread started by Wildcat66 on Nov 30; subject- "ssr business Cards for us". At time of this post,the last post in the thread was entered at 1:33 AM this morning by Turnheadz.

Let me know if this works.

#12 ·
I found the thread you referenced ... Really doesn't appear bad to me. Seemz Troy has established Admin and Moderators on many forums. After all, he can't alwayz be in several places at once (besides, he may have a "life" outside the forums).

BTW- Still no replies to my PM's as of yet ... I'll keep you posted.

Embarrased to say I am not able to do a link. However, the comment is in the first post of a thread started by Wildcat66 on Nov 30; subject- "ssr business Cards for us". At time of this post,the last post in the thread was entered at 1:33 AM this morning by Turnheadz.

Let me know if this works.

#16 ·
Johnson- I respect your opinion, but don't draw a similar conclusion. Since Troy has initiated several forums, he often appoints administrators and moderators to assist him ... As a matter of fact, I see a moderator (now an admin) was appointed in the SSR Forum over two years ago. I just wish there were some regulars here that he could pass the torch to.

BTW- I did get one response from my contacts to various admin ... They have agreed to contact Troy on our behalf.

#18 ·
What we need here is to appoint an admin and a moderator or two. I have not had the time to keep up on things here. I always take care of reported posts almost immediately but I just haven't had the time to sift through the new registrations.

The problem with new registrations is that we have been attacked by spambots for some time now. There were literally hundreds of "new registrations" last time I tried to approve them. It takes a lot of time to do IP searches on all of them to figure out the ones that are spambots. And the stuff that they post is really really bad.

I have worked out a system that we put in place on other sites that helps cut out the spam while allowing new members to post. The issue is that we need at least one moderator or admin to make it work. I will be happy to set it up if we can get someone to help as a mod or admin.

Sorry for leaving the site unattended for so long. We can get it back on track. The first step is to get that mod/admin.

:cheers:

G
#20 ·
Hans from Germany will see your post, He has an XLR and a new STS and travels all over Germany and Spain. He dressed up his XLR with V badges and my original V rims and his XLR is looking really nice.
Bob.............Southern California
hello to everybody,

thank you very much for your posts.
they helped - i got my account logged free today. (after 2 weeks)

no i can finally join you here. great.

more next time....

hello from berlin/germany

tobi

#22 ·
hi standby,

thanks for the info with hans.
its funny, i talked to him already. right now he lives on the other side of the country, but we were born just a few kilometers away from each other.
so he knows my grandmother and so on.... :)
i just received my black xlr friday before christmas. so my company does all the bling bling on everything you can imagine (from hoolywood stars to little school girls in germany), right now, my xlr ist getting blinged all over. we are doing the interior design for every brand and everything will be crystallized with original swarovski crystals. with the xlr we bling all the carbon parts inside and also the logos on the exterieur. will be done by next week. will send you some pics then.
i am also waiting for some 20" wheels. have not decided yet. so if somebody has to sell some cool wheels......let me now.

i am happy to join you guys here, because in germany nowbody nows an xlr (thats why i bought it :) )

hope to get a lot input from you.

have a nice weekend,

tobi

#23 ·
lol...lol....lol
Tobi, Bob (standy) is my best friend in the US, it`s funny how people get together.

My daughter Sabrina (Bri) left on wednesday to Santa Barbara Ca. and Bob was the man who picked her up at 11 pm at the LAX airport and drove her to his house where her brand new GTO was parked in his garage.

I`ll be over there for "XLR Rendezvous II" this august (was there too for Rendezvous I last june) maybe you like to come too!

Jim, (jamsto on this forum) will soon post all the infos we need.

Hans

G
#28 ·
Some people got on me for critizing Roberts for leaving us hanging, but it sure helped get the ball rolling-------------glad to see all you new people on here. Now maybe we can have a forum.
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.