Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 XLR and was wondering if anyone has tried the Volant CAI or another brand? Its not cheap and I was wondering what positives or negatives it has-better throttle response, HP increase,engine noise and does the engine have to be re-dynoed?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have an '06 XLR and was wondering if anyone has tried the Volant CAI or another brand? Its not cheap and I was wondering what positives or negatives it has-better throttle response, HP increase,engine noise and does the engine have to be re-dynoed?
I went with the Lund unit because Volant was dragging their feet in getting their unit out but Volant is a quality company. You will notice an improvement in intake sound above and beyond the performance increase. If you do an intake and aftermarket exhaust you may have trouble with the airbag warning light coming on under hard acceleration. It recycles when you shut the car off. The dealer flashed my computer when the intake was installed. I had the exhaust for about a year prior and did not have to flash for just that. 13 hp for the intake and 18 for the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jetboyphx:

I REALLY enjoyed that Salt Lake run video. That would be a good destination for a trip sometime IF I had the suntan lotion and a tent to prevent me from frying in the sun.

Regards
I'm not sure if they will have a video for the 09 CTS-V they ran. I heard it rained out before they could make the last run so they may not have a full video. The owner used to be the president of Cadillac so he runs a nice operation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Price

Can you give an estimate on price? I understand that posting the price may be inappropriate. But ball park would be nice. And does Lund ship out of state? Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The intake is in line with volant intake prices and the exhaust in line ( a bit higher) than Corsa. They like to negotiate pricing. You can buy the tip alone if you are just going for the look. They have shipped to others on the forum who are out of state.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have you looked into the D3 unit? I have the stage 1 and 2 on my 08 V. Fit and finish is exceptional a the HP increase is noticeable. I think I paid about $1800.00.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '06 XLR and was wondering if anyone has tried the Volant Cold Air Intake or another brand? Its not cheap and I was wondering what positives or negatives it has-better throttle response, HP increase,engine noise and does the engine have to be re-dynoed?
I say that it's the volant is the best among its class. I've read many reviews about it and those are generally on the positive side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Volant, a lot better throttle response. better acceleration, makes car sound a lot meaner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts