Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the one year mark, this is the second time the Daylight Savings Time reset has hit for me. With all of the clocks I have at home, many (and any clock with a brain) reset themselves without intervention (VCR, PC, cell phone, bedside atomic clock, cable box).

One of the amazing things about the XLR is that with all of the computer chips, they can't auto reset DST when it occurs.

Might be some room for improvement.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
seems to me, there's a place in the menu that you sent for DST.

haven't seen my car today to see the time

G

·
The whole state of Arizona stays on normal time, and this is a no brainer guys. Press the upper right hand corner where the time is and a big display pops up with all kinds of time notions on it. One box says Daylight savings time. Press it and the clock is changed. Now that wasn't hard was it?

rick1827 said:
There are some places in the US that don't us DST. Southeastern Indiana is just one I know of.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you hold your finger on the time in the touch screen, a new screen comes up that allows you to touch GPS TIME and the car will set DST automatically. amazing car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Automatic

Yes, there is a DST setting which will make the change. That is a manual change. However, I was talking about automatic change - could be based on GPS and take care of all the issues noted above (Indian and Arizona).

Just seems that if a $50 clock can automatically adjust, a $76K car might be able to do the same.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Eyedoc said:
Yes, there is a DST setting which will make the change. That is a manual change. However, I was talking about automatic change - could be based on GPS and take care of all the issues noted above (Indian and Arizona).

Just seems that if a $50 clock can automatically adjust, a $76K car might be able to do the same.
there is an automatic change, there's a box that reads:
Daylight Savings Time Yes No
set it for Yes and never worry about it again!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I'll have to make sure I checked yes, and not just hit the button to change to DST.

G

·
Based on the posting date of your pictures, I would assume that you have a 2004, as do I.

I just came up from the garage and double checked what I thought I knew before answering your latest post.

After opening up the time information dialog box, I see no box that says yes or no. On mine I have the choice of pressing the dark blue, which changes the clock to DST and is now light blue. Pressing the light blue DST changes it back to normal time. I see nothing in the manual that states, after pressing the DST button it will automatically change each time we do a time change.
I have no way of knowing if it will change until after the summer, having pressed the DST button, I will take a wait and see attitude.
Do you have information that is contrary to what I have read in the manual?

BTW..........I really love my passive locking. I get out of the car, it beeps once and it's locked. When I go to the car wash I leave the fob in the cup holder and the vehicle will not lock while the fob is in the car..................GREAT!
Thanks
Bob

1_XLR said:
there is an automatic change, there's a box that reads:
Daylight Savings Time Yes No
set it for Yes and never worry about it again!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I can't believe this is our "Technical" discussion! :glol

How do I set my clock? :grouphug

Where's Andy and Allen when we need them???

Reminds me of the Bently Forum....where do I get a new ashtray?

G

·
Find gas door

Yes sir, #1, the sense of humor is very much alive in So.Cal.

Would it be inapropriate to ask where the gas door is, or will I have to trade it in when I run out of gas? :banghead
:grouphug pssssssss!

1_XLR said:
I can't believe this is our "Technical" discussion! :glol

How do I set my clock? :grouphug

Where's Andy and Allen when we need them???

Reminds me of the Bently Forum....where do I get a new ashtray?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
standby said:
Yes sir, #1, the sense of humor is very much alive in So.Cal.

Would it be inapropriate to ask where the gas door is, or will I have to trade it in when I run out of gas? :banghead
:grouphug pssssssss!
no problem finding the door
....how do you open the dam thing??? :smash
Is it in the manuel?

G

·
Actually, it isn't in the manual as to how to open the door. Now what do I do?:nono :nono :nono :confused

And they don't tell you where it is.

1_XLR said:
no problem finding the door
....how do you open the dam thing??? :smash
Is it in the manuel?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just can't believe you guys can't figure out how to open the gas door! It doen't take a rocket scientist to figure it out! Also, I was in my '05 today and never even looked at the clock, but I just went out there and without remembering how to do it I changed my clock. Now if a a blond woman can figure all this out what does that say for some guys????????? :glol :flag :rolleyes

G

·
OK Jean, we got you on this one...........We know how to open it but we can't find it. If you move up the hill to Rio Rancho you will be able to figure this all out. The air is thinner up there.:glol
Q. Have you ever been to my old sub shop & Deli? (A Taste of Italy on Carlisle):cheers

jeanszoo said:
I just can't believe you guys can't figure out how to open the gas door! It doen't take a rocket scientist to figure it out! Also, I was in my '05 today and never even looked at the clock, but I just went out there and without remembering how to do it I changed my clock. Now if a a blond woman can figure all this out what does that say for some guys????????? :glol :flag :rolleyes

G

·
No, not Jeff, Bob Blackman. I opened A Taste of Italy in 74 and sold in 78. My other place on 4th burned down, so we packed up and headed West. If they still make the subs the way I did, it would be the best in Al B. Turkey. When we arrived there, we tried a few places and I knew instantly that we couldn't miss with the real Italian meats & chesses. My manager bought it and I don't know if she still owns it or not.
We love to joke around on this site, so don't take us to serious...............now let's see, where did I put that gas cap?:glol :glol
Love to see your Blue baby. Did you take a look at my pics?
Bob
jeanszoo said:
Is that you Jeff? No I haven't is it any good? Just kidding on the any good part. Some day I will have to upload a pic. of my '05 Blue Steel!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts