Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my 04 on its first trip. Love the gap setting on the cruse, except that the minimum gap wasn't minimum enough. At freeway speeds, changing lanes, in traffic, I had to over ride the gap with the acc. petal to keep pace. Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
As far as the minimum gap distance goes, I think GM kept it a safe distance to accomodate the average driver. Some drivers might be older, with slower reaction times, some may be younger, distracted, with even less reaction time. Better to play it safe than sorry, due to the pervasive liability issues that abound. Hence, the ability to overide the distance with your foot for different conditions/drivers.

I really like the DSCC for long-distance freeway driving, but in freeway commuting traffic in CA, where traffic goes from seventy to zero and back again in about as much time as it takes to type this sentence, I don't use it.

CC :cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree with CC. I find that the ACC is great on interstates and turnpikes with moderate traffic, but when you get into heavy traffic around metro areas or rush hour it is best to just turn it off a drive as you always have.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
As far as the minimum gap distance goes, I think GM kept it a safe distance to accomodate the average driver. Some drivers might be older, with slower reaction times, some may be younger, distracted, with even less reaction time. Better to play it safe than sorry, due to the pervasive liability issues that abound. Hence, the ability to overide the distance with your foot for different conditions/drivers.

I really like the DSCC for long-distance freeway driving, but in freeway commuting traffic in CA, where traffic goes from seventy to zero and back again in about as much time as it takes to type this sentence, I don't use it.

CC :cheers

FWIW: When I went to Bowling Green, one of the XLR Engineers said essentially what CC has said. The system can be adjusted but Cadillac doesn't want the liability.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts