Cadillac XLR Forum banner

California Trip

9K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  jamsto 
#1 ·
I will driving my XLR out to San Diego to attend a seminar 11/7 to 11/10/05. On 11/10 I will driving up to the Burbank area and will be there thru 11/11. I always go to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank for the Friday night cruise when I am in the area. If there are any XLR owners that would like to get together for lunch, or just to compare cars on Thursday or Friday, let me know.

#4 ·
I am pretty open on time either Thurs or Fri, since I will be on vacation. On Fri I always get to Bob's by about 3 pm so I can get a good parking spot for the evening. It fills up pretty fast on Fri for the cruise night and several people save their spots. Last year my wife and I had both XLRs at Bob's and got more attention than a lot of the hot rods there.

#21 ·
Maybe I should show up???????? One small problem with that is that I would, probably, maybe more then likely will get lost going there, even with navigation and with no one to follow! Also, I would have to put the dogs in "Doggy Jail", or not and sleep all day Wednesday, so I could drive at night when ther is no traffic, well at least less traffic, I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????? But, then again NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glol :glol :glol :glol

G
#22 ·
Yes, show up. Have hubby set you up on the navigation system. It's pretty easy from Albuq.
Bringing one more Crimson Red owner with me, fella named Brandon. Custom interior, great 20" chrome rims and Borla Exhaust.
That's a total of 11 already and it's a month in a half away.
Bob

jeanszoo said:
Maybe I should show up????????

#23 ·
Hey now, I'm the one who sets up the nav., well, at least alot of it, ok some of it. That's not the problem, it's the driving in California! I have enough problems driving around Albuquerque! Darn we need spell checker on here!
But if someone wants to meet me at, oh say, the California state line and I'm serious about that part and lead me in, I may consider it, maybe! But then again, we don't want to get more together there then we will be getting here! :flag And this is how I look driving in California! :crazy :banghead :confused :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss and white knuckled all the way! But thanks for the invite Bob.

#24 ·
Confusion

It looks like there may some confusion on times and dates. I will be at Bob's on Thursday 11/10 at 11:30 am to meet for lunch. I will also be there on Friday 11/11 at 3:00pm for their cruise night. Everyone should also remember that 11/11 is Veteran's Day, a holiday and many people are off work that day.

G
#26 ·
Jean,
If you can set up the Nav sytem, just put in 4211 Riverside Drive, Burbank, and your your nav lady will talk you to Bob's Big Boy. If I was off that day I would go to Barstow, California which is where I-40 ends. At that point you take I-15 west, then you take I-210 all the way into Burbank, hubby could talk you in from there if you don't trust the nav lady. BTW it's about an eleven hour drive.
As far as spellcheck is concerned, why don't you type your post in Word or wordperfect and then cut and paste it into a post...............after you spell check it.
I sent your hubby my personal cell phone number in case his is busy. share!
jeanszoo said:
Hey now, I'm the one who sets up the nav., well, at least alot of it, ok some of it. That's not the problem, it's the driving in California! I have enough problems driving around Albuquerque! Darn we need spell checker on here!
But if someone wants to meet me at, oh say, the California state line and I'm serious about that part and lead me in, I may consider it, maybe! But then again, we don't want to get more together there then we will be getting here! :flag And this is how I look driving in California! :crazy :banghead :confused :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss and white knuckled all the way! But thanks for the invite Bob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.