Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So hopefully someone can tell me what in need to look for when buying a Tech2. What kind of software? What version? Best place to purchase one? Cost of one? And anything else that can help me buy one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So hopefully someone can tell me what in need to look for when buying a Tech2. What kind of software? What version? Best place to purchase one? Cost of one? And anything else that can help me buy one.
Tech-2 are Big time not like your average code reader, which is why they cost 10 X as much! Go to a dealer get a read, for free usually!

·
Registered
67 Posts
well I may disagree. The tech two clones are decent to work with and they run around 300-350 on ebay with the candi and cables. I dont know of any dealer that will read codes for free .The ones I have read about charge a minimum of one hour or 100-150$ just to check a code. Then more if they try and repair anything. If you are able to do any work at all on your car you will need the tech two to narrow down precise codes and do tons of repairs with a little help from others who have already done the repair. A dead battery that results in a needed top relearn at the dealer will cost you about what a tech 2 costs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you send me a link on w one to look at on eBay? My battery died and now my top and trunk won’t work. Everything was fine until my battery cramped out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts