Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Better Look at Wind Blocker (Pic.)

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr. Bob 
#1 · (Edited)
Wind Deflector - A Better Look (Pic.)

As requested by some forum members here is better view of Windbaffle with clear straps on the light color rollbar >>

Hope this clarifies things.
And it can be mounted front or back of rollbars. Bob :flag

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay, bear with me . . . I'm new to all of this sophisticated vehicular equipment!

The windbaffle certainly looks nice (and looking nice is always important!), but I'm wondering if it serves any practical purpose. Does it reduce the amount of wind noise with the top down? Will it make my hair less windswept?

Allyn

#3 ·
Dr. Bob said:
As requested by forum members here is better view of Windbaffle with clear straps on the light color rollbar >>

Hope this clarifies things.
And it can be mounted front or back of rollbars. Bob :flag

Bob - is there any vibration at higher speeds with the windbaffle? I was wondering if the straps tend to stretch with age and then allow the baffle to move slightly. Wouldn't it always be better to mount the baffle in front of the role bars so the wind pushes the baffle against the bars?

Bill

G
#4 ·
Allyn,

I have one on my 04, take a look at my photo's. Windows up, fan on full and it will keep you looking a lot better than without the windbaffle. The wind used to tear my baseball cap off, now it stays where I put it. a lot Less wind noise too.
Bob

Kenley said:
Okay, bear with me . . . I'm new to all of this sophisticated vehicular equipment!

The windbaffle certainly looks nice (and looking nice is always important!), but I'm wondering if it serves any practical purpose. Does it reduce the amount of wind noise with the top down? Will it make my hair less windswept?

Allyn

#5 ·
Allyn, the backdraft wind is blocked with the Windbaffle panel.
It helps reduce cocpit turbulence, hence less hair tossing and less wind roar at highway speeds.
Also you can keep the cocckpit warm or cool as needed using your heat or A/C as needed.
Keeping the windows part way or all the way up can help you finetune airflow in the car. Bob's trick using the dash vents at high flow help at extra- high velocities.
Bill, since the wind comes from behind, placing the WB panel behind the rollbars allows it to be pressed into the bars, but either position is secure.

We have no had vibration problem with the black standard Velro strap or with the clear vinyl straps with clear mushroom (industrial) Velcro clasps.

Bob :flag

G
#6 · (Edited)
I chose to put mine on the back side of the roll bars too. I think it's a little more secure that way, it's just a matter of preference. I will eventually have to get some clear ones from you since I don't want to leave my "Windbaffle" on the 04 when i trade for the 06-V with shale interior. Let the next guy buy his own. I will leave a note in the glove box as to where to get yours online.
Dr. Bob said:
Allyn, the backdraft wind is blocked with the Windbaffle panel.
Bob :flag

#8 · (Edited)
jp299390 said:
What is the current price for the clear strap unit for the XLR? Are you installing Cadillac emplems on the windbaffle yet or is it still up to the buyer to do?
Hi JP, Sorry for the delay. The clear straps are $30. Cadillac is the source for the crests. AND If you mention the XLR Forum and special discount will be offered. Thanks, Bob :flag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.