Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eyedoc
If you click on the picture, you'll see that this is a one piece unit. Since Lund Cadillac made this unit just for caddy's with the exhaust coming out the center, I would assume it has two inlets on the front side that matches up with the ehaust pipes. Please contact Lund Cadillac, I'm sure they will be happy to answer your questions and give you a price.
Happy Holidays
Bob

·
Registered
74 Posts
exhaust tips

I spoke to Blake at Lund cadillac, the pictured exhaust tips are avaliable for $1200.00 and would be shipped to you ready to bolt on. Tim

·
Banned
0 Posts
Now that's capitalism at its finest. The first sale should cover all of the R&D time they have invested. Clear profit from there on out!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
that's how they paid for that 1090 hp cts that ran 217.3 mph on the salt flats in sept 2004 with an ave of 214 mph. hell I think will get two sets in case on falls off. merry xmas all. :bs :jester :flag if you would like to see the run, go to the lundcadillac.com site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MSWAIN,
I think this might be a first...........I agree with you. $1200? Just because we buy an up class vehicle doesn't mean we are dummies and want to throw money into the street. Another thing that scares me is "BOLT ON"? My new tipes are welded on and won't sag or twist. Think I'll stay with mine.
HO HO HO!

·
Banned
0 Posts
For some reason the aftermarket for the XLR seems ripe with over-priced, under-valued items.

Heck, the cat-back exhaust I installed on my 03 Cobra cost less than the Lund tips. The kit included two high-flow stainless steel mufflers, all stainless, mandrel bent 3 inch tubing and two killer 3 1/2 inch stainless tips.

The exhaust system I installed on my Viper cost just a bit over $1,200 but it also included much more for the price.

Hopefully as the number of units (XLR's) increases the market will become a more reasonable place to shop, until then Merry Christmas !!!

If my name wasn't permanently printed on the "naughty" list perhaps Santa would buy me something for my car....................

·
Registered
477 Posts
You got it, mswaim!

mswaim said:
Now that's capitalism at its finest. The first sale should cover all of the R&D time they have invested. Clear profit from there on out!!
Its the only way to make money doing R&D. Current tax law is punative for any other paradigm. :thumbs

You ain't gettin' nuttin' for Christmas,
Lund and Borla are mad,
Complain' about exhaust tips,
You ain't been nuttin' but bad. :nodno :jester

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huh?.................Bah humbug...........I thought that was pretty unique, but then I'm not a poet

·
Registered
477 Posts
Geez...

Critics are everywhere. :cry

So you think a new publication, "Aviator's Christmas Poetry" won't drill? :confused

I guess I'll put that idea on the shelf next to "Aviator's Rent-a-Chimp Franchising Opportunity." :glol

The blizzard has subsided. We received a miniscule amount of snow with accumulations measured in thousandths of an inch.

Chrismas is now over, the presents opened, family come and gone, and the mess is cleaned up. It's a beautiful "top down" day, 40 degrees, dry, sunny and nary a cloud in the sky. The bride is off making attending rounds at the local hospital. I think I'll take the XLR for a drive....

Who could blame me?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hey, we do think somewhat alike. I've been very successful with my chimp rental business here, however keeping a fresh and endless supply of bananas has been the real challenge. I was unaware that you had the franchise on this idea, my check will be in the mail.

Also an issue is the fact some of my clients feed them peanut butter and banana sandwiches, spoiling them rotten.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
top up, down, up, down..........Stop

:jester Gee Aviator, they have a movie named after you.........your a rock star.
You talk about shelving ideas, how about me, I invented
6 UP and a pool game called 7 ball.:)
A blizzard is under one inch or less? Are you really putting your top down in 40 degree weather? Out here in Orange County, California, my top would freeze in mid flight if I tried that. I too, take rides in my Dream Machine and sometimes I'm glad I have a Nav system to find my way home, but then I don't have a bride. The cat and I are doing just find.:banghead
Roses are red, violets are blue
I have an XLR, and so do you.

Put on some 20's and tips for the rear
running out of greem backs, but have enough for a beer.
That's the limit of my poetic background
standby

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eyedoc,
I live in Orange County, California and you can go into any muffler shop back there and they can look them up in their cataloges and have them on within a day. We see a lot of those tips on the Camero's out here, hence, "Camero tips".
Chromed, total cost installed was $225. A lot cheaper than "Go for your Lunds Cadillac in Phoenix".
If you find them, have the guy paint the inside black. These XLR's don't carbon up and deposit water back there that can't get out and leaves a rust stain that doesn't look to cool.
Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts