Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have a 2007 with 16K miles on it. I am sure the installed battery is not the original so not sure of its age being the second owner with incomplete service records. When the car is not in use, it is always on the battery tender. After using the car and putting it back on the tender, it usually takes about 9 hours to come back to full charge (solid green light). I am wondering if this is a normal state of affairs. Also could the car be off of the tender all day (for instance when at work) without risking the battery doing down enough to cause communication/programming errors? I plan on replacing the battery in the spring, but until then, it will be hibernating in the garage on the tender. Am I tempting fate or am I in safe territory?

Anyone with any advice and insights? I would greatly appreciate them.

Kind Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery Tender Behavior

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much Dave. I would really appreciate your observations and insight.

Kind Regards,

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I timed mine again last night and it takes 6-8 hours to reach a full charge; this is connected to a newer battery and the car is a daily driver.

The Battery Tender is a trickle charger and is specifically meant for maintenance, so it can take awhile.

I bought a second one for my riding mower and it works great!

CC :seeya

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good To Know

Thanks for the information.....good to know. :)

I am reading as many of the threads about this car as I can..trying to get up to speed on the car....I absolutely love it!

Since I am sure my battery is older than yours, I guess I am pretty much in the ball park since I use mine only when the weather is nice with no chance of rain.

Kind Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Bad! We haven't even had ours out for a week, granddaughters got us busy!

You are wise to get informed as there are some common problems and pit falls with the XLR. I was on this forum getting great advice before we even bought ours. Thanks to CC and many others we are happy owners (for now)!

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts