Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t know the size of the battery I got for my’09 XLR, but I got it Batteries Plus, probably 4-5 years ago - much better than the AC Delco I got from my Cadillac Dealer. I got the biggest battery that would fit and no problems since. One thing I do is, if I go away for a week or more, and don’t drive the car, I attach the Battery Tender

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My problem is the size and the position of the positive/negative connectors.
There's is a lot of option of other brands, but the are of standard size, which is 3/4 inch higher.
Then the negative cable is to short, and I want to avoid any modifications...
I live in Dubai, and here a car battery have a maximum life of three years.
That's why I'm looking for a brand/model that fits.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need a replacemet battery for my car, but ACDelco 86-6MF is no longer available.
Does anybody know about an alternative battery that fits?
Hello,
I need a replacemet battery for my car, but ACDelco 86-6MF is no longer available.
Does anybody know about an alternative battery that fits?
Hello, My battery was replaced 3.5 years ago. 3 years + is around what a battery will lost in sometimes warm? AZ. I had to replace again a few weeks ago. The 1st replacement was a battery from a GMC/Chevy dealer. The battery just installed was from Auto Zone ,? brand at this time since I can not find the receipt, but it was the better of 2 choices from a national co. and it was not Auto Zone's brand. I picked a battery that had a national warranty if it went bad while I was across country somewhere. AZ can tell you the brand if one is needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, My battery was replaced 3.5 years ago. 3 years+ is around what a battery will last in sometimes warm ? AZ. I had to replace again a few weeks ago. The 1st replacement was a
battery from a GMC /Chevy dealer-Auto Nation brand. The battery just installed was from Auto Zone, ? actual brand at this time I can not find the receipt, I picked a battery that had a national warranty , it it went ghad while3 I was on a long trip, replacement would not be a problem. A.Zone an tell you the brand if one is needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts