Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this may be right on the edge of what is XLR-related but...

For those on the fence whether to install the XM antenna, XM will be offering radio broadcasts of all of the 2005 Major League Baseball games. This includes spring training games.

More information can be found at:
http://www.xmradio.com/mlb/index.jsp

·
Registered
477 Posts
Greetings from Asheville, NC

Last night we were cruising from the Asheville airport in a rented Deville equiped with XM. Significance? Well, it was the seventh inning of Game 4 of the World Series, and I was listening to baseball for the first time on XM.

Minutes before our arrival, the flight crew pushed the nose over to begin our descent and made a left turn, the bank angle of the aircraft revealed a moon completely blotted out by a lunar eclipse.

"The curse must be over", I thought. (Hey its Halloween weekend. Allow me some dramatic license.)

The XM does more than just provide audio play by play. The XM feed prints out occasional messages on the display indicating the score, the inning, runner position and other short text commentary. I thought it was one more very cool thing about XM.

By the time we arrived at our place, it began raining, the moon emerged from the earth's shadow, and the Curse of the Bambino is officially over.

Congratulations Red Sox! Heaven and earth was in alignment.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts