1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a member of the Welcome Wagon here,
but wanted to say it's nice to see a few new active members
with some really good posts to contribute to the forum :cheers
foxlr upshift forward ........... aviator keep your tool safe .........
and both of you keep on posting :thumbs
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the nice words of welcome! This is a great site, lots of great posts - I learn alot here that helps me enjoy my XLR even more!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks from me too!

Thanks for the welcome, and "Wilco" to your request to keep posting. That's pilot-ese for "Will Comply". (BTW - Flying is how I spend money, not make it.) This is an excellent forum for XLR owners and "wanna be" XLR owners alike. But I'm still scratchin' my head over the guy who decided on the E55 AMG!

After seeing all the pix of this group's cool XLRs I feel compelled to do the same. Not sure I can ever top mswaim's Crimson Pearl XLR at Pebble Beach for just outright Chamber-of-Commerce appeal! Very, very professional. But photos are on the agenda for the weekend....I hope to share them with you all soon.

:cheers

aviator

·
Registered
477 Posts
OK - I give...

...as promised, I took the XLR photos at a mud hole (compared to Pebble Beach, anyway) close to my home, but can't figure out how to upload them to the forum.

Hints anyone? :confused

aviator

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Login!

Well it took me a while to remember the secret.....login

Go to the Gallery link above and about mid page right side there is a login button
you must login before you get the options you need

after that go to member gallery then upload photos
I'm sure you can get it from there!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Done! Photos can be viewed.

Thanks XLR_1 -

Photos can be viewed now. Only three would fit. I took them in hi-rez, and figured if you guys have XLRs, you probably have a computer that is athletic enough to view big files.

So I opted for quality rather than quantity.

In case you are interested, the pictures were taken with a Nikon D100 digital, in bright sunshine, with a 28-200 lens at about 10:00am. Strangely enough, in mid August, in Kingwood TX, the temperature was only about 75 degrees! A miracle!

aviator

·
Banned
0 Posts
Great photos! I also like the gold kit but I really like the pin stripe. My wife has been looking at the wheel center caps for some time now for a gold treatment, this will put her over the edge. :cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
Muchas Gracias

The two tone stripe basically matches the two colors in the interior leather. Not sure if that is apparent.

Interesting how the gold crest was on the wheels was accomplished. They chucked up the aluminum covers that came stock on our XLR in a lathe, machined the cast aluminum crest flush and polished it to a bright finish. Then they located the center, and glued the gold crest to the cover. Voila! Perfectly centered gold crest.

mswain - sorry, but there ain't nothing around here like Pebble Beach. In choosing the appropriate setting, I had to select between a couple of my favorite ice houses, the closed and shuttered Enron building (a favorite in California), Rick's Cabaret at closing time, or the mud hole. Pebble Beach wins the scenic award, hands down.

Notice in the background, there are a couple of felled trees. That was done by Nutria - a rodent the San Jac has in abundance. For the uninformed, a Nutria is a 3 foot tall rat that thinks it's a Beaver. They are quite shy, however, so the river is a local waterskiing spot.

--av--

·
Banned
0 Posts
Thanks for the info. on how the crest on the wheels was accomplished. I was wondering how they confined the gold to the raised crest only.

Next time your out in California shoot me an email, dinner is on me. :thumbs

BTW - I'm headed to Carmel tomorrow to spend the day out of the valley heat. It's a 106 here today and 70's in Carmel tomorrow......ah, it will be too sweet.

I'll try and get some new pictures with the personalized license plate. I hated the old photos with the dealership "flashers" but what's a guy to do.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Left Coast Travel

I do manage to get out to La Jolla from time to time. Gorgeous spot. Next time I'm out there, I'll let you know. How long does it take an XLR to get from La Jolla to Carmel on the 5?

Geez! That valley heat sounds awful. I sympathize. Speaking of ways to beat the heat: You ever get over to North Carolina? We have a lake house way up in the Blue Ridge Mountains close to Asheville. As I write, it is 65 degrees there. Typical Jul-Aug day High 78 Low 58.

If you make it over there, I'll buy dinner.

I thought about an XLR photo set along the Blue Ridge Parkway. That would be stunning, but I just don't want to drive that far. The mud hole will have to do for now.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well, I'm back from Carmel and it was quite a day. Tomorrow is the kick-off parade of cars entered in the annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Classic Car Show. There is also a Christies Exceptional Car Auction in Monterey. Needless to say there were cool cars everywhere.

The bad news is I got one new picture of my car, however as I was getting back into my car I dropped my digital on the ground. It passed away while laying in the passenger seat.

Oh well.......the plate is not readable in that photo, it says, "R CODE3".

·
Registered
370 Posts
Next Year

Nice to see another Crimson Pearl.

I think I'll try next spring at the Tidal Basin in DC. Crimson Pearl with the Cherry Trees ought to be a good pic.

Hard to get a pic in front of any of the other sights here in DC -- you wouldn't believe the security and jersey barriers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts