Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my car up 1/23, have driven only 70miles. When retracting the top the truck will not close. The top goes thru the full cycle but the truck will not close.:confused

·
Registered
105 Posts
Only similar type of problem was that we openned the top (in r garage to show some friends) but when we went to close it we got a message saying that the small pad in the trunk was not closed properly--which did not make sence since it should not of allowed us to open it in the first place--anyway, openned the trunk reinserted the cover pad and than it closed properly--try that--dealer speculated that it may of been a bit to cold (here in the Northern Suburbs of the Windy City) and the trip switch was stuck==hope this helps--what did u do to get the trunk to close?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never did get to drive with the top down. I tried 3 or 4 times to lower the top all with the same results, the top would retract into the trunk but the trunk would not close, there was no problem in raising the top. When the top raised the trunk would close automaticly. Would like to play with it a little today but can't. Yesterday in Eastern N.C. was sunny and 56degrees, today it's snowing and 28degrees. I'll have to wait and return to the dealer. Thanks for reply..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sounds like one of the sensors/switches that tell the XLR electronics that the hood is fully retracted is not working properly. Something that intricate is best diagnosed by the dealer's service place.

In my case (with a different problem), I'm waiting until the license plates come in and then having the plates/service done at the same time.

I know the roof is retracted during testing, so it may be something that came loose in transit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No never have had this problem or any other reported on any of the other threats. Sorry that you have. Took delivery of my Nieman Marcus #25 on 9/25/03 and it performs excellently.

DFXLR

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
top problem solved

sorry for delay in reporting what was wrong with the top.. The mechanic first thought that it was a sensor in the trunk or an alignment problem. He tinkered with these for a few hours, then call the factory, they suggested resetting the computers, after he disconnected all power and reset the computer the top functions 100%. So far so good...

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is a little scary that one has to re-boot one's XLR from time to time to maker it perform properly. I thought this kind of stuff was just a part of life for our lap top and desk top computers. I never had to re-boot my two '93 Allante's

DXLR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts