Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealer says service ride control is traceable to bad ride control module which is unavailable through gm. Any known sources or other suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
is your car an 04 or 05 ? then the dealer is most likely correct. is your light on that says drive below 80MPH? we do have a couple of ways to repair without buying a 3000$ used module that will also fail. Beware of ebay sellers who claim they have "tested" modules .the only way to test one is to drive the car and a couple of dealers have them listed off of cars that actually needed the module before it wrecked and was the cause of the accident. Others sell so called new modules and yet you can clearly see junk yard security stickers on them .Beware of any parts with a red iron cross stamp on them. They are from a rip off artist from North Carolina. I sent you a PM with more information

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is your car an 04 or 05 ? then the dealer is most likely correct. is your light on that says drive below 80MPH? we do have a couple of ways to repair without buying a 3000$ used module that will also fail. Beware of ebay sellers who claim they have "tested" modules .the only way to test one is to drive the car and a couple of dealers have them listed off of cars that actually needed the module before it wrecked and was the cause of the accident. Others sell so called new modules and yet you can clearly see junk yard security stickers on them .Beware of any parts with a red iron cross stamp on them. They are from a rip off artist from North Carolina. I sent you a PM with more information
My XLR is 2005 with 39K
I will call you to discuss repair options in PM
Thanks for info
Mario

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, everyone with an 04/05 should really look to see if the leak repair has been done at the trunk corner and also if the rubber lip seal in the floor is stuck shut . really it should just be removed . water leak is costing a lot of money on these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, everyone with an 04/05 should really look to see if the leak repair has been done at the trunk corner and also if the rubber lip seal in the floor is stuck shut . really it should just be removed . water leak is costing a lot of money on these cars.
thanks for this info
any known xlr experts like you in the sarasota area?

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone is interested, I've been able to build for the 2004-2005 a bypass for the suspension module. It doesn't make the magnetic ride shocks work but it does remove the "service ride control" and "80 mph speed limit" messages and will allow the XLR to drive faster than 80 mph. If your suspension module 10348979 is broken and you have switched to regular shocks this bypass will remove the messages. If your suspension module is working and you are using the corvette casper simulators on the shocks and position sensors, this will allow you to remove the suspension module and sell it for close to $3k. It will require slicing 5 wires from the old suspension module. I'm asking $375. Message me If you're interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts