Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Going to be a tough find. If you are lookig for a v style mesh. A bent broken used one brought almost 400 on ebay a little while back. No one makes them any longer so even v owners look for an aftermarket if their factory one gets damaged. Expect 500-600 range. A company still makes those flat bar grilles from the 80's but to me,they dont fit and they dont do anything to improve the looks of the car plus they are 5-600 for 20$ worth of flat bar aluminum.
X

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to be a tough find. If you are lookig for a v style mesh. A bent broken used one brought almost 400 on ebay a little while back. No one makes them any longer so even v owners look for an aftermarket if their factory one gets damaged. Expect 500-600 range. A company still makes those flat bar grilles from the 80's but to me,they dont fit and they dont do anything to improve the looks of the car plus they are 5-600 for 20$ worth of flat bar aluminum.
X
I found one place that bought E and G Grilles. They said they might produce some next year and give them a call then. They say they need more orders to produce them. We need to flood this # that I am going to list so they can start production. 1-562-689-3879. Global Auto Shop. (LETS GO XLR OWNERS)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can tell you they did not buy e and g. they may have bought some of their old stock. The inventory and parts they had got auctioned off. They have patents that are still in force with bankruptcy courts. They will never make xlr grilles i will bet . you need to sell at least 500 of a product to start making money . there are maybe 50-100 tops buyers for a xlr grille. Several members have already looked into it. To get them made in china would take arun of 500 at 300 each and would sell for 500-600 thats an investment of 150,000$ to maybe make 100,000 over the next 3-5 years and thats if you could sell them all which would never happen. But lets call them and maybe they have tons of money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts