Cadillac XLR Forum banner

After market V rims

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  standby 
G
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my new after market 3 peice rims from Grand Prix Performance of Newport Beach, CA

Do to limited caliper space and offset, this is deep dish as they could go. If I went to 20" rims the calipers would have had more clearance but I would have had to give up my run flats......:nono :nono :nono :nono
Bob

See less See more
#2 ·
standby said:
Here are some pics of my new after market 3 peice rims from Grand Prix Performance of Newport Beach, CA

Do to limited caliper space and offset, this is deep dish as they could go. If I went to 20" rims the calipers would have had more clearance but I would have had to give up my run flats......:nono :nono :nono :nono
Bob
:cheers Dang those look fine!

G
#10 ·
Jim,
What you don't know is, my TC/stabilitrack turned off for some reason and I lost it going around a corner and wipped out one front and one rear rim. They where the same sizes as the original rims so the runflat tires would fit. I also wipped out both tires. These rims where a few bucks short of $5,000 and leaked and had the TPM's inside and Hans(another member on a trip to Albuquerque) burned his hands trying to put air in them. I had two rims left and two runflats on the rims for about 2 months. I try to sell them, then I tried to give them away, but no takers........threw them in the garbage.
While the car was being fixed from the accident, I bought 20" dirty dogs from wheelwarehouse.com, which is a local store for me and put 20" Pirelli P series tires on the new rims. Now, I can mix and match and if I screw one up, I can buy one. This whole setup cost me $3,200............a lot cheaper than the ones you like.
Here's a pic of the new ones.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/standby7/DirtyDawg.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/standby7/FullDirtyDawg.jpg
Bob
Bob -- A really great selection - IMHO. :iagree

Do you have a price and availability (or part number and source) for these wheels?

What are the "widths" you selected?

Thanks

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.