Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie to the forum and a newbie xlr'er, I was interested in haveing paint protection film put on my car. I've read about it but haven't seen any on a car yet. Anybody have insight into this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
joel said:
As a newbie to the forum and a newbie xlr'er, I was interested in haveing paint protection film put on my car. I've read about it but haven't seen any on a car yet. Anybody have insight into this?
I have clearsheild on my XLR-V.

I like it.

Its on the front of my car, 1/2 way up the hood... on both mirrors... on the pillars next to the mirrors... and on the panels behind the rear tires so kicked up rocks don't chip the paint.

G

·
That's the point..............you can't see it.:cheers

joel said:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand you can't see it standby, just trying for some input as to the effectivness of it. It's pretty expensive<although that is not relative to the cost of the car or refinishing sheetmetal>. If it functions as claimed, it's cheap by comparison. Used a vinyl bra on my STS and it left minut scratches in the clearcoat and after 18 months I thought I was starting to see a fade line. I washed that car at least once a week and waxed it monthly, but it did sit in the sun at work everyday. I may want to kep this car a bit longer so that may be a concern.

G

·
Wipers

Sorry Joel, I just could resist....................I was going to take a trip back east last July and was going to have mine done on the 8th of July. On the 4th of July I wiped out the whole front, so I did save myself about $60 bucks. BTW, I drove at 95 most of the way, that's over six thousand miles and had a few small dings, but over all, not bad. The problem I found when I got back was the pitted windshield, big dings all over it. You would think they could put some kind of harding agent in glass to stop that. NO, you can't put the clear shield on the windshield, the blades will make marks on it, unless you live in SO Cal where we don't have windshield wipers on our cars for 8 months of the year.
Sorry about the dig.
Bob............and welcome to the forum:cheers

joel said:
I understand you can't see it standby, just trying for some input as to the effectivness of it. It's pretty expensive<although that is not relative to the cost of the car or refinishing sheetmetal>. If it functions as claimed, it's cheap by comparison. Used a vinyl bra on my STS and it left minut scratches in the clearcoat and after 18 months I thought I was starting to see a fade line. I washed that car at least once a week and waxed it monthly, but it did sit in the sun at work everyday. I may want to kep this car a bit longer so that may be a concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts