Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question I see alot of 2009 XLR's but they say Platnium, do those that say Platnium are they the V-Series? My Dad is looking for an 09 to trade his 08 in but it has to be the V-Series.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2009 had two cars the v and the non v. The non v are Platinum and body wise look a lot like the v. They have the raised hood. Just not the supercharged motors. Going to be hard to find and expensive as that may be the most sought after model of the XLR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2009 had two cars the v and the non v. The non v are Platinum and body wise look a lot like the v. They have the raised hood. Just not the supercharged motors. Going to be hard to find and expensive as that may be the most sought after model of the XLR.
I know the differences between V and Regular because I have the regular and my Dad has a V, thank you for your information, yes very hard to find and alot are expensive, we will keep looking he has an 08.
No, the Platinum and V are NOT the same. Platinum is just saying it is an 09. The V will have different marking on the side, a larger engine, and it is supercharged.
I know the difference between V and regular as stated before I have regular and my Dad has the V, just when I search alot of the cars say Platinum so I wasn't sure if they changed the V to the word Platinum

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, the Platinum and V are NOT the same. Platinum is just saying it is an 09. The V will have different marking on the side, a larger engine, and it is supercharged.
For the record, the Platinum Edition of the 2009 XLR has a 4.6 Liter 320 HP Northstar V8. When Cadillac supercharged the engine, displacement went to 4.4 Liters with 443 HP. There were other subtle difference like the V badging and the exhaust and how it exits at the back of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts