Votes: 28 45.9%
  • NO THANK YOU

Votes: 33 54.1%
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well in case you guys and ladies have been thinking that we are ignoring you on this we are not.

With GM now considering going into a "modified Bankruptcy" there is virtually NO information forthcoming about what they can do If we showed up there.

So we have the option to go anyway and do lots of interesting things as we have done before and still show support to the Plant Workers and the community where our cars came from.

We will extend invites to any of the GM/Cadillac/XLR execs and people that want to attend.

I am sure we will get some local media coverage as well.

So with all of this said there are really 2 questions...I think;

1. How many members and others are interested?

2. When should we go?

We were ready for the "What should we do while we are there" questions and the Where should we stay?

So if the interest is good we can restart the planning process.

I have attached a revised Poll for you to vote your preferences.

Thanks for your continued interest in this very unusual time.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
63 Posts

So we have the option to go anyway and do lots of interesting things as we have done before and still show support to the Plant Workers and the community where our cars came from.

We will extend invites to any of the GM/Cadillac/XLR execs and people that want to attend.

So if the interest is good we can restart the planning process.
Looks like I bought my new baby at the right time.

As a two-time Corvette owner and now XLR-V owner, I'm almost always up for a trip to Bowling Green. Enough notice and on a weekend, and my wife and I will probably be able to make it. I'm on a very busy project right now and I also have plans for a few weekends in the summer and fall, but again, would love to be there...

Jay

----
JayInAtlanta
2006 Infrared/Ebony XLR-V
w/ Permagrin package :flag

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
monepit:

I was hoping you would still be interested.

I think we'll need to see how many makes a trip worthwhile and then get to the WHEN and WHAT WE WANT TO DO Aspects of the trip.

Thanks to many of the members we do have a lot of the information already documented.

BTW Since you are so close to BG have you read or heard when the last day of production is for the XLR or has it already occured??

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bowling Green

I have never visited the Bowling Green location but am interested in attending if presented the opportunity.

It is quite a hike from Northern Virginia...........but I will make the trip.

Thank you

LWM

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
LWM

Thanks for your interest. I am hoping To schedule the trip while the facility is in production mode for the 2010 Corvettes. We just don't know how many plant closings will occur and when just yet.

The trip from Northern VA should be about 8 1/2 hours I would think.

When you get bored you can map it out on Map Quest or put it into the NAV system in your car.

I made it up from Jacksonville in about the same time for one of the ralleys we had.

I left at night (to miss the traffic--especially going through Atlanta) and was up there in the morning.

Thanks in advance for your patience. We will keep you informed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
R-iv

Hi everyone, we just got back from Mass. and I would like to get the info on our next rendevou. Has a date been set??? I read in the news that the Bowling Green Corvette plant IS NOT going to be closed, so I think that's good news.
Please let me know what's up. Jack & Judy

·
Registered
77 Posts
2009 Xlr Rendevous IV

Hello, is anyone out there that can tell me if we're going to have an R-IV this year?

Thanks, Jack

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
NOPE!!!

We have had less than sub par interest in getting together. Lots of reasons including the economy, GM woes, XLR production stoppage--etc.

It seemed to be a good idea to wait until the spring to see what interest we can garner for a larger event.

Having said that there is of course no reason whatsoever that members can't plan regional or local get togethers.

Anyone who is interested can start the planning process here on the site.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts