Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know when a Cadillac dealer can input an order for a 2007 XLR-V? My 2005 XLR lease runs out on Sept 14 and I would like to have a new 2007 V here by then.
 
G

·
O yea, just offer up a down payment and they will put the order in sometime before the 07's are due out. They will always let you cancel if you can't make a deal when it's delivered. That's the way my 06-V went down

marvowen said:
Do any of you know when a Cadillac dealer can input an order for a 2007 XLR-V? My 2005 XLR lease runs out on Sept 14 and I would like to have a new 2007 V here by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
The answer to your question is they start building 2007 on June 26. Therefore I believe orders are already ebing acceepted for 2007 model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. My dealer is indicating that orders aren't being accepted yet. I was surprised when they told me that.
 
G

·
You need to change dealers. Most dealers will take a deposit and you get put on a list like did. I received the second V at Allen Cadillac in OC, CA
Bypass all sales people and go to the owner or Manager.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Agreed.

They are taking orders - see the sales manager only.

I have had sales people tell me cars are not being made yet when they were sitting on his lot. The typical car salesperson is not qualified to sell ice cream cones.

Its amazing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Have Order Number

Thanks gents. I have an order with a real order number. I ordered the infrared color. I'm looking forward to trying the V. I have had 14 Vettes in the past and my present car is a Xenon Blue 2005 XLR. I love the car but felt right from the start that it needed more power. By the way, I am 64 years. I have been a car nut since the 50's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Why more HP?

I am 62 and have owned several Corvettes. My XLR does not have the handeling charataristcs of my C5 Corvette. I can not buckle myself down into a the seat, so I and my passanger slide around in the (not bucket) seats. I tried the other day to stay on the tail of a new C6 and my XLR started loosing traction in the curves, so I gave up trying to keep up with the Corvette. So even with 320 HP, the XLR can not road handel on the curves. Why then more HP? The XLR does not need any more HP. Sorry, but I can handel a lot of HP but only with my C5. My dealer called me last week and told me he had an all black V for me to buy, I said forget it. Untill Cadillac can just put a Cad body on an all C6 frame, I will stick with 320 HP and drive my C5 for speed and hadeling.
 
G

·
This is why a love this site. So many things get accomplished with a little effort.
Glad to here your on the list. My advice is not to wait until it comes in before you negotiate with them. If you wait, they will have other people that will gladly step up and buy over you if you don't like the price.
Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
It is not the price!

Why buy more HP if the car can not handel it? I get plenty of lookers and questions with my all black XLR to boost my ego through the roof!
 
G

·
Hi Groadster,
You get into the curves with a Vette and you will loose every time, even though the XLR is on the same frame and made in the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, they are different in many ways.
Why more HP? I don't have to race on the curves and I'm not crazy enough to do that, but I can go straight and I'm not looking at the exhaust plate of a C6 Vette.
Now this is in a V, are you really trying to stay with a C6 with 320 pony's?

Groadster said:
I am 62 and have owned several Corvettes. My XLR does not have the handeling charataristcs of my C5 Corvette. I can not buckle myself down into a the seat, so I and my passanger slide around in the (not bucket) seats. I tried the other day to stay on the tail of a new C6 and my XLR started loosing traction in the curves, so I gave up trying to keep up with the Corvette. So even with 320 HP, the XLR can not road handel on the curves. Why then more HP? The XLR does not need any more HP. Sorry, but I can handel a lot of HP but only with my C5. My dealer called me last week and told me he had an all black V for me to buy, I said forget it. Untill Cadillac can just put a Cad body on an all C6 frame, I will stick with 320 HP and drive my C5 for speed and hadeling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Standby,

I do not have to negotiate price. I worked as an engineer with GM for 38 years. I am retired now, but I will still buy the V at the employee price. I'd rather not say just how much that is, but it's a significant discount.

Groadster,

Yes, more power in the regular XLR would not help the handling any, but it would do a better job of kicking you in the seat of the pants when you ask for it. What I was really talking about was having more power in the V version which is modified to better handle it. As a longtime Vette owner, I understand that the Vette excels as a pure sports car, but the sophisication and elegance of the XLR is significant. At my age, the comfort level of the XLR is greatly appreciated.
 
G

·
Marv,
While I can appreciate your employee price, and I'm sure you deserve it having worked for GM for so many years, we pretty much know the cost of the V which hasn't been a secret now for over 4 months, which is in the neighborhood of 85K
Groadster,
I understand, but in order to get that power and be able to drive your a V like a Vette, I think it would jeopardize the selling power of the Vette.
marvowen said:
Standby,

I do not have to negotiate price. I worked as an engineer with GM for 38 years. I am retired now, but I will still buy the V at the employee price. I'd rather not say just how much that is, but it's a significant discount.

Groadster,

Yes, more power in the regular XLR would not help the handling any, but it would do a better job of kicking you in the seat of the pants when you ask for it. What I was really talking about was having more power in the V version which is modified to better handle it. As a longtime Vette owner, I understand that the Vette excels as a pure sports car, but the sophisication and elegance of the XLR is significant. At my age, the comfort level of the XLR is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Yeah I agree with you standby. That is the same reason they could not make the V faster cause it would afftect the corvette sales which i think is really bad but what arfe you gonna do and besides when u put your foot on the gas and the exhaust opens that is the best sound and feeling.



Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
Red V said:
Yeah I agree with you standby. That is the same reason they could not make the V faster cause it would afftect the corvette sales which i think is really bad but what arfe you gonna do and besides when u put your foot on the gas and the exhaust opens that is the best sound and feeling.



Adam
Hi Adam, as you might know, my XLR (it`s the export model) is not speed governed like the US models.
Before this one I`ve had three C5s, a 98 - 01 and an 02 and the top speed of my last 02 Vette was 304 kph ( 189 mph) now, my XLR doing top end 292 kph (181 mph)
What do you think when the XLR V comes next year as an export model to Germany and (I hope) it`s also not governed - you can bet on it`s easy doing over 300 kph. We`ll see next year:yesnod

Did you drove your Dad`s V jet?

Hans



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
XLR-V Ordering

Depending on XLR-V sales of each individual XLR dealer (has very little to do with if they are a cadillac dealer), you would be able to order your V today. I was able to order 5 2007s for some of my clients. All but one were at least 1200 miles from me, and will receive door to door transportation.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank you
Allen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Groadster said:
Why buy more HP if the car can not handel it? I get plenty of lookers and questions with my all black XLR to boost my ego through the roof!

GUYS:

The V is a lot more than just a big engine. The handling has been greatly upgraded also along with the wheels and tires. I have owned C5 corvettes. They will out perform the V. BUT, not by much and the V is a lot more comfortable.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top