Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at purchasing a 2006 model with 60K miles. Im nope really concerned about roof problems, oil leaks etc that I have been reading about. The top issue of them coming off has really got me concerned >. Any opinions or advise. Don’t know if I should look for some other car

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been looking at purchasing a 2006 model with 60K miles. Im nope really concerned about roof problems, oil leaks etc that I have been reading about. The top issue of them coming off has really got me concerned >. Any opinions or advise. Don’t know if I should look for some other car
I would ask myself a important question.
Do i have the money it takes to have it mechanically sound?
It could be a labor intensive fix
X$100.00 + per hour.
I have rebuilt motor, changed exhaust, put $35,000 on top of $34,000 purchase price.
Car is at shop now has a miss.
Not an everday car.
Maserati cost to fix Caddy?
You better think twice.
If you buy it put the best extended warranty you can afford.
Coolbrezze.
2006 supercharged XLR-V OWNER.

·
Registered
8 Posts
04 and 05 are the only years that seem to have the top delamination problem. Then only with darker colors in the sunny south or where the car gets hot a lot . May have been a couple later but the top is really not that bad an issue at all on 06 . The 06-09 is a better buy for a couple k more you get a better car and dont have to worry about the suspension module going out for 2500-3000 like on the 04/05. look at the headlights as 06 had an issue that the outer lens would delaminate from the housing. You should see a nice even grayish green area around the outside of th light. look that it is clear and even not cloudy . even press a little to make sure the lens is secure. it gets wind under it and its gone then a new 2000-2500 headlight is the only fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts