Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a auto repair shop and specialize in diagnostics. A fellow had this XLR towed in missing the front clip saying it came from Canada and went off the highway and the chassis got twisted and no one could make it run for 2 years. I found paperwork in the car from a Cadillac dealer and called them. They said it was in the shop for 15 months 4 years ago and they couldn't establish communication with the car. The customer then fessed up and said he bought it to rebuild from Copart and it didn't come with any key fobs. Long story short I got it running but I have the TPS not as expected code. I replaced the throttle body and in the scan tool data it says throttle body learn performed No, throttle body learn required Yes and is in reduced power mode now. I never had a domestic car require this and none of my tooling has a throttle learn feature in it for this car. I have throttle reset feature but it doesn't help. I have TPS 1 and 2 agree, TPS 1 and 2 6% but TPS 1 volts is of by .1V from stored. It also starts without hitting the brake for some reason and the switch has been tested at the BCM. I just want to the the throttle working so I can get paid and get rid of this thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts