Cadillac XLR Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Rick,
since you have done so much research, just give me the short answer and tell me ......what are you gonna do???

sounds like we better just wait for the V.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My dealer has promised me the first V he gets.

I have given it a lot of thought. I have installed an aftermarket supercharger on my Hummer and I could not be happier with it. That said, If you read my comments on changing wheels, you will understand that I only believe in making modifications that improve the car without trade-offs. While I am 100% convinced that I can successfully install the system, without the computer codes from Cadillac I just think that the trade-offs are too great. If I could get the code, I would do it in a minute. So, for now I wait for a V series. It should be here in the next 6 months as a 06 model.

Rick

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
rick1827 said:
My dealer has promised me the first V he gets.

I have given it a lot of thought. I have installed an aftermarket supercharger on my Hummer and I could not be happier with it. That said, If you read my comments on changing wheels, you will understand that I only believe in making modifications that improve the car without trade-offs. While I am 100% convinced that I can successfully install the system, without the computer codes from Cadillac I just think that the trade-offs are too great. If I could get the code, I would do it in a minute. So, for now I wait for a V series. It should be here in the next 6 months as a 06 model.

Rick
I think even with the code issue solved, the brakes and tranny can't handle any more power anyway. this will all be addressed in the V

·
Registered
1 Posts
The XLRv and STSv had better not have a mere 380 hp, as I've seen threatened.

They'd instantly be relegated to also-ran status, like the Jaguar Rs.

This is a horsepower war, folks, and them's is the rules of the game.

·
Registered
484 Posts
XLR-v Powertrain, STS-V Announcement

Today was the announcement of the STS-v. I thought I would help to clear up some confusion regarding the potential powertrain.

I hope i can clear up some confusion on the STS-v engine by putting up a few of the specs that are factory standard.

1) 4.4 L
2) 440hp.
3) 430 torque
4) 6 Speed manual

Now these are a few of the STS-v specs, I did not say the XLR-v.

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

Thank you
Allen

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Now that's steppin up to the plate! Way to go Caddy!

Got my tail waggin....when is the XLR-V anouncement?????

·
Registered
484 Posts
STS-V / XLR-V Incorrect Transmission

I want to thank "DanB1040" for bringing up my mistake that I posted 2 days ago. In my hastiness to put up the information I neglected to say that the STS-V will have a 6 Speed Automatic unlike the CTS-V has a 6 Speed manual.
I was rushing and didnt proof read and said it would have a 6 Speed manual. One of the services I do for my clients is to give them the actual releases access to video announcement broadcasts, that is where Dan caught my error.

www.CadillacXLR-V.com

Thank You
Allen

·
Registered
477 Posts
Waiting with bated breath...

The Tivo is warmed up and ready.

I still have the recording of Janet's hoo-hoo from last year. I was so horrified I must have rewound and watched it 20 times. :glol :glol :glol

21 - 32 of 32 Posts