Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Have You Had Your Radiator Replaced Under Warranty

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep just like I said above, back in June, I jynxed myself. Backed the X out of the garage today after about 6 weeks of sitting and sure enough, the dredded orange puddle, not just drops. called my cad dealer, told him about the forum and all the other xlr's that have had there radiators replaced. It goes in Thursday for dealer inspection. Hope to get the new "larger" radiator. and guess what warranty is up in Jun so at least it happend before its 4th birthday. I will get the extended warranty!

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

·
Registered
33 Posts
yes, this forum is great. its nice to know what can go wrong and what to look for. i keep my eye out for all of the things that have proven to go wrong just to stay one step ahead of the dealer. thanks again everybody!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok, checked over car yesterday and could not find leak, was not leaking anywhere. took car to dealer today, they put up on rack and couldnt find anything, pressure checked it and all good. added 6oz of anti freeze and all is good to go. do i have gremlins??? Car is not leaking now! I did have the dreaded orange leakage in the garage, and those 6oz went somewhere. just keeping everyone posted.

·
Registered
40 Posts
dunerider,
I've got an O4 and i have the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they did all the same stuff they did for you, still never found out where the antifreeze went or did it go anywhere? I'm baffled but I don't see it as a big deal. Just one of the quirks about the fabulous XLR!!!

Darrell

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not Gremlins but close, over the years, we have seen 5 XLRs start to leak from the radiator the day after it was brought in. What usually happends, is after the vehicle sits overnight and the radiator gets to room temp, the seam leaks due to the metal contracting exposing a gap, where the side reservoir tanks are welded to the radiator core.

Usually on the left lower corner of the Radiator. Thats the reason all 2007 XLRs received the larger XLR-V radiator as standard equipment. When a radiator is replaced on an 04/06 regular XLR, it is repaced with the same larger radiator.

It is quite a site to see a car up in the air for 24 hours, and then it starts to leak.

www.Cadillac-XLR.com

Thanks
Allen

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dreaded coolant leak

Happy Monday,

Just checked in the garage and noticed the dreaded coolant leak in my 04 at 24K miles. Will talk to the dealer in the AM. Had been trouble-free for some time.

LWM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dreaded Radiator Replacement

Took the XLR in this AM to the dealer in Northern Va (Moore Cadillac). The dealer is installing a new V Radiator under Warranty. It is a very good day.

LWM

·
Registered
4 Posts
All aluminum radiator: I replaced mine with:
Mishimoto MMRAD-C6-05 Performance Aluminum Radiator Compatible With Chevrolet Corvette 2005-2013
$680 - Amazon. It fits perfectly and it works.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts