Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Have You Had Your Radiator Replaced Under Warranty

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Hey RA....when you said running hot it now comes to mind that when we were coming back from BG I noticed the temp guage hovering about 220. I thought that was a little high and I was right. We got the car back with the new radiator and now at speed it is in the 210 range. I wonder if the higher temp reading indicates a problem is on it's way?

Regards,

Elfred
Thanks E ....

That was sort of my question .... I was wondering if 220 was high for the X.... or just mine.

G

·
O' Come on darlin, you and Ray love to take trips, Tustin is only about 80 miles for you.
I have no choice unless I want to run my car up to your part of the state ... and that's not an option for us! As big as San Diego is you would think there would be more than 2 dealers with qualified (?) techs .... :cry

·
Banned
610 Posts
O' Come on darlin, you and Ray love to take trips, Tustin is only about 80 miles for you.
80 miles to have my car serviced??? I don't think so .... :nono

Got Lola back today ... she's running so awesome. Left the dealership and was coming home on the I-8 ... Rod Stewart was crooning me some tunes .... gosh, how I love that car. Zooooooom! :thumbs

PS Standby .... did you notice that my new avatar is NOT Lola? It is the V that was at the car show .... and I agree about the velcro seats .... not so easy to slide your bu*t across!

G

·
Somethings I can do and some not so good. I don't know how to expand an avatar to see a bigger pic.
Gee I don't have any trouble with my skinny bu*t. I just slip in like a glove.
Jay bought me an electric picture frame that you can load pics into with either your stick from a camera or from your computer and set it to go off and on at a precise time and then roll the pics just like screensavers at different speeds. You would love this since your a picture nut.
Bobo
80 miles to have my car serviced??? I don't think so .... :nono

Got Lola back today ... she's running so awesome. Left the dealership and was coming home on the I-8 ... Rod Stewart was crooning me some tunes .... gosh, how I love that car. Zooooooom! :thumbs

PS Standby .... did you notice that my new avatar is NOT Lola? It is the V that was at the car show .... and I agree about the velcro seats .... not so easy to slide your bu*t across!

·
Banned
610 Posts
Thank you, Ruthie, I rest my case. . . :cheers

Floyd
Ahh, Floyd, it was such a pretty little thing ... ! You should know ... you have one EXACTLY like it!

Here's the thing ...... the steering wheel and the different seats, and of course, the different color of wood, made me feel like I was sitting in a whole different car. (not Lola) I like the subtle changes that they've made to the V ... they kept the integrity of the classic ... :thumbs

·
Registered
553 Posts
You guys are blaming the suede for most, Velcro for Floyd and you have not considered it could be......................................?:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol
Bobbo,

Not quite sure what you're trying say. . . Still hitting the holiday cheer???? :confused :confused

Floyd

G

·
Ruth Ann figured it out. Let's just say, stand with your back to a mirror and then look over your shoulder. I don't have to look over my shoulder to see my big belly, which doesn't have to slide across the seat. Do we get it now?
Happy New Years Mary Ann & Floyd. What is your New Years resolution? Mine is to eat less and get a six pack. No, not beer, stomach.:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol
Bobbo,

Not quite sure what you're trying say. . . Still hitting the holiday cheer???? :confused :confused

Floyd

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rad replac.

I had the red X out today since its clear and 50!! WOW!! Then finishing up my yr end car files on all my cars and noticed that the X Radiator WAS replaced! I thought it was not but it was done in 05 at 14k miles by previous owner! So someone change my vote PLEASE to yes it was replaced! Thanks jim f

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine started leaking last week, 2004, 12k miles. I take it to the cadillac dealer tomorrow, oh boy. :rolleyes . Well if it didnt happen I wouldnt have found this forum, so at least some good came of it. :yesnod

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the process of replacing my 2004 radiator right now. Cars not under warranty, so its a bit of a bump at close to $800. They did say they will use the XLR-V radiator, since thats all they make anymore anyway, (I wonder why that is :rolleyes ). I must thank all those in the forum, for the information that made me apppear fairly educated to the cadillac service dept. Not to mention made me fully aware that the leak was the radiator, and how to carefully get ti to the repair dept.

On a second note, I was curious what you guys thought, or any advice you all may have on writing a letter to ask why the 2004 base XLR radiator wouldnt be covered, or possibly discounted, under some sort of recall when it apparently has such a high failure percentage? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
In the process of replacing my 2004 radiator right now. Cars not under warranty, so its a bit of a bump at close to $800. They did say they will use the XLR-V radiator, since thats all they make anymore anyway, (I wonder why that is :rolleyes ). I must thank all those in the forum, for the information that made me apppear fairly educated to the cadillac service dept. Not to mention made me fully aware that the leak was the radiator, and how to carefully get ti to the repair dept.

On a second note, I was curious what you guys thought, or any advice you all may have on writing a letter to ask why the 2004 base XLR radiator wouldnt be covered, or possibly discounted, under some sort of recall when it apparently has such a high failure percentage? Thanks in advance.

HELL YEA!!!! ASK THE DEALER SERVICE MANAGER TO CONTACT CADILLAC ABOUT COVERING ALL OF THE COST!!!!! IT IS A KNOWN PROBLEM. ALL THEY CAN SAY IS NO . BUT I SEROUSLY DOUBT THAT.

I'll bet you get it covered. Please let us know how it comes out.

Good Luck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine Too!

Just sent mine off to the dealer after noticing a low coolant message and a small orange puddle under the car, thank god it happened now before the 05 came out of warranty in December!!! Seems to be a universal issue for 04/05's

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know i am jynxing myself but no leaks, no problems, all is good on my 05. Great car, fun to drive fast. I have to drive it or leave the battery tender hooked up if it sits longer than 2-3 weeks. It only has 7,000 miles.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Lola had radiator number 3 replaced today ....

'found coolant puddle yesterday .... made my appointment for this morning .... the service dept actually had a radiator in stock :cool and I got her back at 4:30!

Do I have the only 4 year old car with 3 radiators??? :rolleyes

RA:angel

G

·
3 is a charm, you lucky lady.
Maybe doggy went potty under the car.:banghead
This is why we have to buy that warranty. I really hate to see this. Is this what American quality has come too?
Bobo
Lola had radiator number 3 replaced today ....

'found coolant puddle yesterday .... made my appointment for this morning .... the service dept actually had a radiator in stock :cool and I got her back at 4:30!

Do I have the only 4 year old car with 3 radiators??? :rolleyes

RA:angel

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
3 is a charm, you lucky lady.
Maybe doggy went potty under the car.:banghead
This is why we have to buy that warranty. I really hate to see this. Is this what American quality has come too?
Bobo
Lola and Bob:

I am wondering if they are using up the older stock and not putting in the newer "V" radiator that is now the replacement item for "V"'s and XLR's.

Maybe a quick check of the part number before the radiator gets road dirt on it will confirm which one was used this time. (Sorry Ray you'll have to get back under the car again)

Just a thought.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

41 - 60 of 72 Posts