Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Have You Had Your Radiator Replaced Under Warranty

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, I didn't know this was an epidemic! I noticed the Low Coolant message the last time i drove it. I'll have to check by the radiator for leaks!
Scary. I also had the Low Coolant light come on a couple of times a few days ago. I topped-off the fluids and the message hasn't returned.

I haven't noticed a leak, but then again the car is usually over the spot........now I'll check for sure, probably in the morning after it's driven the night before. I'll maybe lay out some news paper as an indicatior.

·
Banned
0 Posts
From Wikipedia:

The word Christmas originated as a contraction of "Christ's mass". It is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038, compounded from Old English derivatives of the Greek christos and the Latin missa.[1] In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ. Since the mid-16th century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ.[2] Hence, Xmas is often used as an abbreviation for Christmas.

After the conversion of Anglo-Saxon Britain in the very early 7th century, Christmas was referred to as geol,[1] the name of the pre-Christian solstice festival from which the current English word 'Yule' is derived.[3]

Complete definition here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

Now; Merry Christmas/Xmas to you all and remember why we celebrate - not what we call it.

·
Banned
0 Posts
From Wikipedia:

The word Christmas originated as a contraction of "Christ's mass". It is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038, compounded from Old English derivatives of the Greek christos and the Latin missa.[1] In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ. Since the mid-16th century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ.[2] Hence, Xmas is often used as an abbreviation for Christmas.

After the conversion of Anglo-Saxon Britain in the very early 7th century, Christmas was referred to as geol,[1] the name of the pre-Christian solstice festival from which the current English word 'Yule' is derived.[3]

Complete definition here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

Now; Merry Christmas/Xmas to you all and remember why we celebrate - not what we call it.
That may be true, but, in our home, it is CHRISTMAS, so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!!:angel :angel

·
Banned
0 Posts
Oh give it a rest................why don't you tell these folks the truth - you started whining to open presents two weeks a go. :mad

Officially, PD5150 refers to the holiday as $$$Mas Day! :thumbs

The happiest day for her, the brokest day for me...............is brokest a word? If not, it should be. :yesnod :nodno :yesnod

·
Banned
610 Posts
Well, another hi-jacked thread ..... and it wasn't me this time! :lol

San Diego is SO diverse, that it is Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah ..... and largely Feliz Navidad!

So ..... should this thread get back to leaking radiators??? :crazy Because, mine is. :eek

RA

G

·
Hey Grinch..............I told you to take it to a radiator shop and they'll fix it for nothing. Well, almost nothing.
And everybody stop picking on my new friend Elfred in NC

Feliz Navidad
Well, another hi-jacked thread ..... and it wasn't me this time! :lol

San Diego is SO diverse, that it is Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah ..... and largely Feliz Navidad!

So ..... should this thread get back to leaking radiators??? :crazy Because, mine is. :eek

RA

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hey, not picking on anyone, just spreading a little Christmas Facts with some cheer! Now, just FYI - before we lemoned the '04, it also was leaking a few drops from the bottom seam, but we figured we would let the next owner worry about that along with the problematic roof, we jokingly referred to as Freddy Krugar.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Hey Grinch..............I told you to take it to a radiator shop and they'll fix it for nothing.
Haha, not a Grinch with anything but my time!

I don't know how I ever found time to raise the girls, work fulltime and still get all of the holiday stuff done ... now that I am retired it seems the time just goes faster than ever :cry

The radiator just has to wait until after Christmas .... the coolant is just dripping at this point .... just enough to annoy Ray! :glol

RA

Hey, MSwaim .... was that a black leaking 04 that you lemoned????

·
Registered
177 Posts
You guys won't believe this...(maybe you will) Ella pulled the X out of the garage to go shopping and I had to stop her. A puddle of red liquid was on the ground underneath where the radiator was when parked!

Needless to say we ran it right over to Hendrick Cadillac. They will have to order a new radiator and yes they replace it with a V radiator. This is a bummer as we will not get the car back until after Christmas. :(

Kinda glad though...we could have gotten stuck somewhere overheated. Good thing I read this thread, as it was on my mind when El pulled the car out.

Our X has 37k on it and we were told it would be covered under warranty. :yesnod

BTW, thanks Bob:thumbs

Regards,

Elfred

·
Banned
610 Posts
Well, it's beginning to look like a club :eek

Elfred .... don't forget to fill out the survey at the top of this thread .... you are now one of the chosen ... :cry

RA

G

·
Yes it does Ruth Ann. Just think now you can say you belong to another the club. "The Radiator Club" Just about 50%, wow, that's alot.
Use your PM if your email has been hacked, at least with the forum members.
Bobo
Well, it's beginning to look like a club :eek

Elfred .... don't forget to fill out the survey at the top of this thread .... you are now one of the chosen ... :cry

RA

·
Banned
610 Posts
Yes it does Ruth Ann. Just think now you can say you belong to another the club. "The Radiator Club" Just about 50%, wow, that's alot.

Bobo
Well, I'm told that the coolant was leaking at a line nut that goes to the pump. .... and that it is being repaired ... and that the line is being purged of air now and will be ready tomorrow morning ...

I have my fingers crossed ... we will be crossing the desert again in a couple of weeks ....... :eek

BTW .... has anyone been told this: Lola was running, we thought, hot .... reading about 220 ..... the tech wanted to know what OUR normal was .... isn't there a normal for the car?? I've never heard of individual cars having individual "normal" readings .... will someone please comment on this? tX

RA

G

·
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead When are you going to change dealers? You promised you would. Just think, you have a tech that doesn't know what the normal temp is on a XLR? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Well, I'm told that the coolant was leaking at a line nut that goes to the pump. .... and that it is being repaired ... and that the line is being purged of air now and will be ready tomorrow morning ...

I have my fingers crossed ... we will be crossing the desert again in a couple of weeks ....... :eek

BTW .... has anyone been told this: Lola was running, we thought, hot .... reading about 220 ..... the tech wanted to know what OUR normal was .... isn't there a normal for the car?? I've never heard of individual cars having individual "normal" readings .... will someone please comment on this? tX

RA

·
Banned
610 Posts
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead When are you going to change dealers? You promised you would. Just think, you have a tech that doesn't know what the normal temp is on a XLR? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I have no choice unless I want to run my car up to your part of the state ... and that's not an option for us! As big as San Diego is you would think there would be more than 2 dealers with qualified (?) techs .... :cry

·
Registered
177 Posts

RA

Hey RA....when you said running hot it now comes to mind that when we were coming back from BG I noticed the temp guage hovering about 220. I thought that was a little high and I was right. We got the car back with the new radiator and now at speed it is in the 210 range. I wonder if the higher temp reading indicates a problem is on it's way?

Regards,

Elfred

21 - 40 of 72 Posts