Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Have You Had Your Radiator Replaced Under Warranty

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just joined a growing list of 2004 XLR owners who recently noticed a small puddle of antifreeze under their car.

After taking my car in to the dealer last week, it was replaced at no cost to me whatsoever UNDER THE EXISTING 4 YEAR Factory Warranty).

I only mention this because many of the early owners and 2nd purchasers of 2004's may be at or nearing the end of their warranty coverage.

I would really hate to have to pay for a new radiator out of my pocket for one of these cars. So be on the look out for antifreeze puddles and don't put off getting into the dealer if you do have a "puddle occurance".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
610 Posts
Oh, Lord .... I'm thinking that is what is under Lola .... was it kind of an orangish color?

If they replace the radiator, my service history tells me that this will be the 3rd one. ....

The seat adjuster also broke on our last trip .... :eek

RA

·
Banned
610 Posts
WELL IF YOU PLAY IT RIGHT you can get one of those new CTS's to drive for a day or so while they are fixing yours.

It holds more packages from your XMAS shopping trips especially that BIG ONE you got for me!!!
My dealer doesn't offer Cadillac's ... they send out for rental cars and I usually get stuck with some type of SUV ..... and I think I have been pretty clear on my stance about trucks .... I don't like them. Repeating myself here, I know ... but I am tired of fighting the battles at the dealership ..... :mad

I'm thinking that although we will keep Lola for a long time ... I will not buy another X ..... I have to confess that I am thinking along the 'vette line for my next DD. (Did I just hear thunder??) :jester

The X is a lot to maintain unless you always have one under warranty. And we don't lease cars ....

I feel like I just threw up a white flag ... or maybe a red one?? :reddevil

RA

·
Registered
553 Posts
HEY!! HEY!!

Enough of THAT talk!!! :nono :nono

The only answer to your concern, Ruthie, is to get a new one every four years--pretty simple when you think about it!

Remember, it'll never be the same in a Vette!! I speak of much experience!

Just find a dealer who is a little more kind and understanding to the people who are ready to pony up the bucks for one of these buggies!!!

Floyd

G

·
Don't get excited now, Bobo has a cure, at least a cheaper cure. Most of these leaks are at the bottom or top of the radiator on the long top/bottom piece. I had it on my 04 and all it took was a tack weld to stop it.
It usually is not in the center core. They gave me a choice of waiting for a new radiater or the tack weld. Worked out ok for me with the tack. Go to a radiater shop.
Bobo
Cr*p. :cry

G

·
OK, I think I know why the seat adjuster gave out, but I'm not saying, Raaaaaaaaaaaay.Bobo
Oh, Lord .... I'm thinking that is what is under Lola .... was it kind of an orangish color?

If they replace the radiator, my service history tells me that this will be the 3rd one. ....

The seat adjuster also broke on our last trip .... :eek

RA

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well, it looks as though I just paid $$$$$$$$$$ for a new one on the '04 that I just got back. :mad :eek :banghead :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
239 Posts
When you consider that my '04 has now got 110,477 miles on it, as of last Friday when I droped it off at the dealer. The last time my mechanic saw it, which was 3 years ago last Thursday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This happened on my 05 radiator. They replaced it under warranty with a new one. Joe at Claude Nolan in JAX has advised me that this is the same radiator that is in the Vette, but they only seem to be experiencing issues in the XLR and not the Vette from what he has been advised. He stated "this radiator has had a high failure rate".

Just adding my 2 cents.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dah? when did you bleach your hair?.............over 130,000 miles? hee hee! Bobbbbo
So Bob, is that how many miles you have on your's???? Why that's 19,523, give or take a mile or two, miles more then I have on my '04! :lol :D :jester :reddevil :reddevil :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow, I didn't know this was an epidemic! I noticed the Low Coolant message the last time i drove it. I'll have to check by the radiator for leaks!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts