Cadillac XLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac has a "FIX" out for your weak signal key fobs.

NO FOB DECTED (REPROGRAM FOBS) # 04-08-52-003-(04/07/2004)

MODELS AFFECTED: For those of you that have 04 models "Build Prior To and Including VIN Number 45602280.

This is when you get the DIC messages No Fob Detected when trying to start the vechicle OR No FOB, Off or Run?? Message. You MAY also experience reduced range when when passively entering the vechicle.

CAUSE: (The technical stuff) "Some keyless acces transmitters may have been built with an incorrect valued capacitor causing reduced frequency range, passive functions such as starting and entry. The active function of manually pressing the buttons of the FOB is not affected by this concern because the active function operates at a higher frequency."

TRANSMITTERS AFFECTED: Are identified with GM/X and the part number on the back of the transmitter. TRANSMITTERS WITH GM/S and the part number ARE NOT affected.

The changes calls for 3 tenths of an hour BUT if there are problems it may take several hours since they will need to do a complete load and initialize your new key fobs.

IF YOU DO THIS: BE SURE TO BRING BOTH FOBS WITH YOU TO EXCHANGE FOR NEW ONES.

FWIW: THE CHANGE MAKES A SIGNIFICANT POSITIVE DIFFERENCE IN THE OVERALL OPERATION OF THE KEYLESS SYSTEM!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new FOB and the vendor sent me a GM/X. My current (and properly working ) FOB is a GM/S. I can't get the GM/X to program using the steps in my owner's manual. Could this incorrect valued capacitor be the reason? Yes the batteries were new, yes i followed every step properly, and no, i did not take it to the dealer. I just sent the FOB back to the vendor and requested a GM/S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts