Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 XLR was parked for a few months while connected to a battery tender. A couple of times I would enter the shop and find the lights flashing. I then disconnected the battery and left it sit. I purchased a new battery but can not enter the car except through the door release in the trunk. Key FOB batteries are good. I can get nothing on the DIC except if I turn on the headlights it displays the odometer, no FOB not detected message or anything else. I have tried FOB programing but upon turning key in trunk release 5 times nothing is displayed on DIC. No dealer around me seems to have a clue. Even tried the Chevy dealer and they told me they won't work on anything before 2005. Looking for suggestions where to start!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR WEST COVINA, CALIF., CRESTVIEW CADILLAC HAS AN EXPERT XLR MECHANIC. YOU HAVE 24 COMPUTERS THAT ARE CONNECTED BY 2 WIRES AND ALL TALK TO EACH OTHER AND YOU NEED SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO TALK TO THEM. THEY USE A TECH II INSTRUMENT THAT USUALLY FINDS THE PROBLEM. YOU NEED ONE YOURSELF, BUT THEY ARE AROUND $1000 AND NEED UPDATES. IF YOU FIND ONE USED, IT IS USUALLY NOT A GOOD IDEA, BECAUSE SOMETHING IS USUALLY WRONG WITH IT OR IT WOULD NOT BE FOR SALE. THEY SELL CHINA CLONES FOR A LOWER PRICE, BUT YOU ARE USUALLY WASTING YOUR MONEY, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOOD. THERE WAS A TIME WHEN MY XLR WENT NUTS AND IT TOOK A BCM MODULE TO FIX IT. GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts