Cadillac XLR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on the ABC News website that GM is recalling all 2004-2005 XLRs (and 2005 Corvettes) for a possible brake-fluid leak.
Any further info would be greatly appreciated

Rick Phillips

·
Registered
411 Posts
spartan261 said:
I just saw on the ABC News website that GM is recalling all 2004-2005 XLRs (and 2005 Corvettes) for a possible brake-fluid leak.
Any further info would be greatly appreciated

Rick Phillips

Here is what is on the NHTSA site:
http://152.122.48.12/prepos/files/Artemis/Public/Recalls/2004/V/RCMN-04V525-6295.pdf

It looks like the specifics are not in place yet. However, I did notice that it said "select" rather than "all" XLRs.

I'll check again next week and see if there are more documents available.

Andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
CNN Article about 2004-5 XLR recall

Here's an exerpt of the article:

A third recall involves the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu, Pontiac Grand Am and Oldsmobile Alero. The problem: the accelerator could stick and not return to idle. The number of vehicles involved is 204,317, Adler said, noting the company identified the problem through warranty information.

The final recall involves the 2004-2005 Cadillac XLR and the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette for a possible brake-fluid leak discovered in field tests, Adler said. The number of vehicles in the recall is 5,914, he said.

Looks like some of us are heading back to our dealers so careful driving everyone!!
migsgig :cool

·
Registered
145 Posts
:) Rick - thanks for the advance warning. I just returned from the dealership after purchasing a XLR. As a result of your message I have asked the dealer to perform the recall service while they are gettig the car ready for pickup.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts