Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums

Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums (https://www.xlrforum.com/forum.php)
-   New Member Posting Area (https://www.xlrforum.com/56-new-member-posting-area/)
-   -   Welcome New Members !!!!! (https://www.xlrforum.com/56-new-member-posting-area/5346-welcome-new-members.html)

XLR I FL 04-22-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james04xlr (Post 42446)
Hi, New guy here. Been on the corvette forum for years. But, made the switch to a beautiful Xenon Blue '04 XLR with just 13,000 miles on the clock. I love this car!!!

Welcome to the XLR Forum.

Please read my post just above this one or some helpful tips.

FWIW: I sold my Xenon Blue/Saddle XLR and got my 2008 Black/Cashmere "V" last year. So I like the cars too.

Enjoy youself and very best wishes

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

hedo 17 04-23-2011 08:47 PM

2007 xlr

Hello, Just bought a black xlr, runs great but finding a few problems, The door Bose speakers are not working in any mode. Cd,radio. Also the horn is not working, Checked the fuse and relay, I cant even find the horn. Any ideas?

XLR I FL 04-24-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedo 17 (Post 42459)
Hello, Just bought a black xlr, runs great but finding a few problems, The door Bose speakers are not working in any mode. Cd,radio. Also the horn is not working, Checked the fuse and relay, I cant even find the horn. Any ideas?

Sorry to learn you are having some issues with your XLR.

Here's some initial diagnostic suggestions.

RADIO--Read up on the radio tuning and setup to see if they got turned down.

If the settings are correct then you will need to see if any current is flowing to them. A voltage tester is in order here. see if the speakers actually are plugged in to the radio. it is possible that the connection was loosened.

HORN--More than likely a loose connection.

Regards

Jerry

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

skibum2 05-01-2011 07:22 PM

new member signing in...

Just bought a Black on Black 2006 XLR-V with 15K and am in the Dallas area. Sold my AC Cobra and enjoy this car as much as the AC. Glad to read up on these cars and have some idea of what I'm looking at. Great Forum.

XLR I FL 05-02-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skibum2 (Post 42500)
Just bought a Black on Black 2006 XLR-V with 15K and am in the Dallas area. Sold my AC Cobra and enjoy this car as much as the AC. Glad to read up on these cars and have some idea of what I'm looking at. Great Forum.

We know you will be enjoy you experience here. There is lots of information and a great group of members.

If you don't find what you are looking for just ask. The search function will pullup a lot of information.

Regards

Jerry

Chef 05-08-2011 02:15 PM

New proud owner

Hi my name is Christian and just acquired a clean 2005 with 17000 miles on the clock. living in Dubai and looking for that last little perfection in the car.

XLR I FL 05-10-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef (Post 42596)
Hi my name is Christian and just acquired a clean 2005 with 17000 miles on the clock. living in Dubai and looking for that last little perfection in the car.

Welcome!!

There are a few XLR owners in your neck of the woods. I would think that you will run into them in your travels.

Regards

Jerry

cadiraim 05-16-2011 08:15 PM

I am new to the forum also, and think I need to post here first. I purchased a 2004 XLR 7 years ago (satin nickel). It has moved to San Diego with me and is quite happy to be in the sunshine most of the time vs. the winters in Kansas City when it's Escalade garage-mate got most of the workout. Since I have the top down frequently here, two questions: 1) can anyone recommend something to put behind the seats to minimize the wind? 2) Is there anyway to make the XM radio operable without drilling a hole in the trunk deck to install the XM knob?

XLR I FL 05-17-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadiraim (Post 42677)
I am new to the forum also, and think I need to post here first. I purchased a 2004 XLR 7 years ago (satin nickel). It has moved to San Diego with me and is quite happy to be in the sunshine most of the time vs. the winters in Kansas City when it's Escalade garage-mate got most of the workout. Since I have the top down frequently here, two questions: 1) can anyone recommend something to put behind the seats to minimize the wind? 2) Is there anyway to make the XM radio operable without drilling a hole in the trunk deck to install the XM knob?

Welcome to the XLR Forum!!

Wind Noise--I would recommend you contact the folks at Windrestrictor as a registered vendor here. They have a very good track record with the members here.

2004 XM Radio Install--Please go to the Technical Section and under the Radio topic there are several posts there regarding XM installs.

I agree that the XM HUMP is very ugly and not worth installing.

Regards

Jerry

ccclarke 05-17-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadiraim (Post 42677)

--For wind reduction in the cabin, I recommend the WindRestrictor (It's also a licensed GM accessory for the XLR): http://www.kingpennindustries.com/WindR/

-- As for your XM needs: https://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?t=5783

CC :seeya

ninosboombox 05-22-2011 11:29 AM

ne wmember

hello all, I am new tot he site, a few things about me. I am a creative director in the fashion field, living in long beach. born and raised in colorado. I have a 1994 deville, and a 04 black xlr with aftermarket corsa exhaust. and 3 eldos in the family. Ive had the xlr for 3 years and love it!
glad to meet you all

ninosboombox

smokerjoker2000 05-23-2011 11:41 AM

Many thanks to this Forum! Very helpful for this new XLR owner . . .

Hello,

I am very happy to say that at I am recent owner of a 2005 Cadillac XLR. Although this car has more than 220,000 miles, this dealer maintained car looks like it has no more than a tenth of this mileage. The car has been dealer maintained throughout its life. The local dealer also gave it a clean bill of health so I am hoping for the best.
I do want to say thank you to this forum and its members as the information here was most useful. I wanted to upgrade the 2005 key fobs to the newer rectangular version (with the integrated hard key that detaches from the fob). I took an existing from fob from my STS and reprogrammed the XLR from scratch.
After programming the fob, unfortunately the trunk would not open. Thank goodness for this forum. I was able to look on the forum and found that the valet switch could be the problem. Sure enough, I must have activated it when I was programming the fobs! Now everything works. I even bought some Saturn keys and filed them down so that they would fit in the fob. With the exception of the horn and the “remote start”, everything works. These two issues don’t bother me as the buttons were not ever part of the original fob.
I have a couple of questions. Forgive me if they are already here on the forum.
1) Is there a way to remove the GPS restriction that will allow you to enter data while moving?
2) How do you hook up an ipod/iphone/ipad to the stereo system? Is something that I can do myself?
3) Given my car’s mileage, what would be some of the things that you would be concerned about? More specifically, what are things that I might want to have checked more regularly?
Many thanks for all the help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
George
Burlingame, Calif.

XLR I FL 05-24-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokerjoker2000 (Post 42723)
Hello,

I am very happy to say that at I am recent owner of a 2005 Cadillac XLR. Although this car has more than 220,000 miles, this dealer maintained car looks like it has no more than a tenth of this mileage. The car has been dealer maintained throughout its life. The local dealer also gave it a clean bill of health so I am hoping for the best.
I do want to say thank you to this forum and its members as the information here was most useful. I wanted to upgrade the 2005 key fobs to the newer rectangular version (with the integrated hard key that detaches from the fob). I took an existing from fob from my STS and reprogrammed the XLR from scratch.
After programming the fob, unfortunately the trunk would not open. Thank goodness for this forum. I was able to look on the forum and found that the valet switch could be the problem. Sure enough, I must have activated it when I was programming the fobs! Now everything works. I even bought some Saturn keys and filed them down so that they would fit in the fob. With the exception of the horn and the “remote start”, everything works. These two issues don’t bother me as the buttons were not ever part of the original fob.
I have a couple of questions. Forgive me if they are already here on the forum.
1) Is there a way to remove the GPS restriction that will allow you to enter data while moving?
2) How do you hook up an ipod/iphone/ipad to the stereo system? Is something that I can do myself?
3) Given my car’s mileage, what would be some of the things that you would be concerned about? More specifically, what are things that I might want to have checked more regularly?
Many thanks for all the help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,
George
Burlingame, Calif.

George:

Welcome to the XLR Forum!!

We are pleased rhat you have enjoyed cruising the site and now have elected to join up.

To answer your questions:

1. There never was a remote start included on the XLR from the factory from 2004-2009.
2. The NAV system used to have a service code that would allow access. But if your XLR was in the dealer They more than likely updated the code and disabled it.

3. iPad hook up-Please look in the technical section under Radio NAV for lots of information and experiences. Use the Search function to turn up all rhat there is.

4. You are in a elete group. There is another member here that has a high mileage XLR. We all are going to learn from you both.

However, having said that, my guess is gaskets, head, water pump, oil pan, tranny, rear end--etc. Beside the gaskets we are talking brakes, rotors, hoses, battery.

My guess is the frequent fluid changes have contributed to very little internal parts wear in the engine, transmission and rear end.

You are going to be a great source of data an information. So I am hoping you will post often.

Very best wishes

Jerry

XLR_QUBEC 05-24-2011 03:23 PM

new owner 2005 xlr

like i see i m not the only new owner this year i just guet my new 2005 xlr
silver color black interior and only 27000km canadian car i think in
us mille 16500mil the car was delevery in dec 2010 sleepe in garage for winter
never drive the car until last week what a difference i drove a ranger all week long and jump in xlr in weekend ....night day :-)
i just pray for a good and nice summer

XLR I FL 05-25-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLR_QUBEC (Post 42734)
like i see i m not the only new owner this year i just guet my new 2005 xlr
silver color black interior and only 27000km canadian car i think in
us mille 16500mil the car was delevery in dec 2010 sleepe in garage for winter
never drive the car until last week what a difference i drove a ranger all week long and jump in xlr in weekend ....night day :-)
i just pray for a good and nice summer

We appreciate your membership and welcome your input and posts.

This site is unique in that it strives to provide current information about the XLR it's issues and successes thanks to our members comittment to provide timely feedback about solutions to the issues they experience.