New Member - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Question New Member

Hi Everyone, I just got a 2006 XLR Black Star. Its a great car and this forum has already proven to be very informative and helpful. I do have a question I have just purchased a corsa exhaust will this effect the warranty if I have them put on the car? The car was certified and I do not want to void it.

Thank you

Fred
speedway is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 06:09 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 272
Welcome

Fred,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new beautiful ride!
If you get a chance, post a photo.

Thanks,

Mea
XLRAT is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator
 
XLR I FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 1,948
WELCOME TO THE XLR FORUM!!!

The corsa exhaust shouldn't have an effect on your warranty. Many owners have the system on their cars. BUT ask your selling dealer to be sure.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
XLR I FL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
STARBLACK225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
Congrats! What number is it? I recently traded one in for an 08. I had a Corsa on that too. Meet the service manager and have the dealer install it. That will usually keep the warranty issues at bay, because the item was "dealer installed."
STARBLACK225 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Thank you for your reply. I talked with the service department and they said they do not do exhaust work. Did you do the entire system along with the Y. I have someopne to do it that does exhaust work. I have a corvette that I upgraded with Borla's and never had any problems however, the XLR's: "On Board Computor" seems to be extremely sensitive and that is what concerns me. Did you get any hits on your emission system?

Thanks for the help

Fred

I love this car and I know it will be music to my ears with the Corsa exhaust. The number is 199.

Last edited by speedway; 11-14-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: left something out
speedway is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 09:35 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
STARBLACK225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 120
I had the whole system. No issues at all. I had the same unit removed from Starblack and installed on my current V. You're gonna love it. The dealer SHOULD be able to do it. Mine did.
STARBLACK225 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 AM
rwd
XLR Pit Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 78
Each dealer's service department is different.

It's better to explore such issues prior to install. If you have a friendly dealer and tech, all sorts of things are possible. Otherwise, you do so at your own risk.

Some Cadillac dealers have techs that get special XLR training, btw.
rwd is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Corsa exhaust

I appreciate all the information its been quite helpful. Hope to see all of you at some future activity. As a new member I have to tell you that this XLR Forum is something all of you can be proud of. I know from my past experiences you get so involved with a Forum that over time you actually forget all the information that some new member has ready access to.

One thing I found out researching this is that the new XLR-V comes with Corsa from the Factory.

Fred
speedway is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Administrator
 
XLR I FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway View Post
I appreciate all the information its been quite helpful. Hope to see all of you at some future activity. As a new member I have to tell you that this XLR Forum is something all of you can be proud of. I know from my past experiences you get so involved with a Forum that over time you actually forget all the information that some new member has ready access to.

One thing I found out researching this is that the new XLR-V comes with Corsa from the Factory.

Fred
I am curious, why do you think that the XLR-V comes with a Corsa exhaust from the factory???

I honestly haven't heard that from anyone else.

Regards



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
XLR I FL is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Corsa Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR I FL View Post
I am curious, why do you think that the XLR-V comes with a Corsa exhaust from the factory???

I honestly haven't heard that from anyone else.

Regards
I spent a lot of time doing research on the Corsa exhaust prior to installing them on my car and read this in some of the material I came across however, since your threat I have been trying to see where I read that and cannot find it so I would say to DISREGARD my statement as an ERROR on my part. I will continue to look for it but I went to so many sites I really do not know where to begin.:

Regards
speedway is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Administrator
 
XLR I FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway View Post
I spent a lot of time doing research on the Corsa exhaust prior to installing them on my car and read this in some of the material I came across however, since your threat I have been trying to see where I read that and cannot find it so I would say to DISREGARD my statement as an ERROR on my part. I will continue to look for it but I went to so many sites I really do not know where to begin.:

Regards
I hope you don't think I was threatening you. I was just asking out of curiousity. The manufacturers have used other vendor parts before and put their name on them.

The confusion on my part was that several members put Corsa exhaust on their "V"s.

Boy will they be unhappy if your research is right.

Regards



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
XLR I FL is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR I FL View Post
I hope you don't think I was threatening you. I was just asking out of curiousity. The manufacturers have used other vendor parts before and put their name on them.

The confusion on my part was that several members put Corsa exhaust on their "V"s.

Boy will they be unhappy if your research is right.

Regards

I am not mad however, when I was trying to find this information on the internet I came across my thread posted? Possibly this is normal procedture for this site to post treads from members on the Internet if not and I have did something that has offended you I am extremely sorry. Being a new member I have to learn the in and outs I just wanted to have fun and enjoy my XLR with like wise members. I can assure you there will not be anymore postings from me except with extreme care and caution with supporting documents within the posting.
speedway is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 AM
rwd
XLR Pit Crew
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 78
I suspect the 'thread' confusion came about from the 'threat' in post 10, which is likely a typo for 'thread.'

Speedway, if I'm following you, you seem to be under the impression that your thread was posted on the internet by this site or someone on it, perhaps with ulterior motives.

That's unlikely. It's not unusual for threads to be found and referenced by search engines, particularly if you're searching something unusual, like combinations of 'XLR' and 'Corsa.'

Everybody starts somewhere.
rwd is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Administrator
 
XLR I FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedway View Post
I am not mad however, when I was trying to find this information on the internet I came across my thread posted? Possibly this is normal procedture for this site to post treads from members on the Internet if not and I have did something that has offended you I am extremely sorry. Being a new member I have to learn the in and outs I just wanted to have fun and enjoy my XLR with like wise members. I can assure you there will not be anymore postings from me except with extreme care and caution with supporting documents within the posting.
Speedway:

You have done nothing wrong whatsoever.

My perspective is that we were having an exchange of ideas and knowledge which everyone here welcomes and I was expressing my surprise at what you turned up.

I don't doubt for a minute that you saw the information. It just came as a surprise for me. So please continue doing what you are doing.

As far as seeing your information elsewhere on the internet I think that is happening as it does on a TON of sites by google and Yahoo site "Scrapers" that are programmed to automatically lift information from sites and provide it on their search engines.

The new XLR Forum site owners are aware of this and are looking into ways to prevent it from occuring.

Please be patient as they work through this issue.

Best Wishes



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
XLR I FL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome