XLR-V style grille for the XLR.. where did you get it - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 41
XLR-V style grille for the XLR.. where did you get it

Looking to put a V style grille on my 04 XLR... anyone have any good links or places they ordered theirs from and a price?


A local mod shop by me wanted $740!!!!! (for the E&G)
XLR-Mikey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:31 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
rufcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 295
grill

Bought mine on Ebay last summer for 425 and it took all of 1 hr to install! You can go on ebay, get the company name by direct and skip the auction they dont care either way they make the sale! Good luck Jim F
rufcar is offline  
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 190
Check this link http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...e.php?cat=4669. I bought my XLR with the E&G grill already installed and it looks very nice. You may want to search the threads on this forum because I think I remember some of the members mentioning that you need to be very careful not to scratch the bumper when removing/installing the grill. So, if the price you received includes installation, you may want to reconsider.
Kahuna is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: orlando
Posts: 126
Bought mine thru the cadillac dealer and was able to negociate the price down to
$600 installed. I know some have paid less, but they knew exactly how to do it and it was perfect. I have the orig. grill in case i ever decide to sell and put it back to stock. (ocool)
ocool is offline  
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:58 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
RickH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 142
I didn't put in a V grille, but I did put replace my grill with a chrome one. Took about 45 minutes to switch out. You do have to be careful not to scratch the bumper, but a couple of layers of 3M painters tape does the trick.

Hey - anyone need a stock 05 grill?

Rick H
Favorite Quote: "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead" - Stan Laurel
RickH is offline  
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Q8KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH View Post
I didn't put in a V grille, but I did put replace my grill with a chrome one. Took about 45 minutes to switch out. You do have to be careful not to scratch the bumper, but a couple of layers of 3M painters tape does the trick.

Hey - anyone need a stock 05 grill?

This is a good website to get your parts from:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Also Can you add the stock XLR grill to a XLR-V?
send
I know this is wierd but I dont like the V-Grill, it looks too aftermarket tom me IMO.
me some pics of your stock grill, I may buy it from you.

Last edited by Q8KNIGHT; 05-01-2008 at 06:00 AM.
Q8KNIGHT is offline  
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
No No No

Q8,
I hate to burst your bubble, and I know you have some stock grill's being offered on this thread, but because of the raised hood on the V, it will not fit.
The best reason of all would be the stock grill is solid and no air can get through to those 443 horses gasping for air under the hood. Please check this out before you make a move.
Just my 02 cents.
bobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8KNIGHT View Post
Thi is a good webdite to get your parts from:
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Also Can you add the stock XLR grill to a XLR-V?
send
I know this is wierd but I dont like the V-Grill, it looks too aftermarket tom me IMO.
me some pics of your stock grill, I may buy it from you.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Q8KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by standby View Post
Q8,
I hate to burst your bubble, and I know you have some stock grill's being offered on this thread, but because of the raised hood on the V, it will not fit.
The best reason of all would be the stock grill is solid and no air can get through to those 443 horses gasping for air under the hood. Please check this out before you make a move.
Just my 02 cents.
bobo


I see I didnt know that, But why do the "v" grills fit on XLR's and not the other way around?!

I guess I can always add the new 2009 grill since all 2009's have the V's raised hood I kinda like it.

Last edited by Q8KNIGHT; 05-01-2008 at 05:05 AM.
Q8KNIGHT is offline  
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22
After Market Grill

XLR-Mikey:
I have the E&G grill installed on my 04 XLR. Good quality chrome mesh-style grill that is open to air flow. Cost was $500. Takes a couple of hours to install.
captam is offline  
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8KNIGHT View Post
I see I didnt know that, But why do the "v" grills fit on XLR's and not the other way around?!

I guess I can always add the new 2009 grill since all 2009's have the V's raised hood I kinda like it.
The V grilles for the XLR are aftermarket grilles made for the X. They are not OEM V grilles. The OEM V grille will not fit the XLR.

Also if you buy the full lower mesh grille for the X your ACC will not operate properly.

Cubby558
cubby558 is offline  
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Q8KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
The V grilles for the XLR are aftermarket grilles made for the X. They are not OEM V grilles. The OEM V grille will not fit the XLR.

Also if you buy the full lower mesh grille for the X your ACC will not operate properly.

Cubby558

Aha, but what do you guys think of the new 2009 XLR grill will it fit XLR-V's?
Q8KNIGHT is offline  
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 123
Bumper swap time

The way I see it, the major changes are to the bumpers (both front and rear) of the car. Soooo, just buy the whole bumper. The hood and headlights have not changed so I would take a stab and say that if you changed the grill and the bumpers (and exhaust tips) you could have an '09 look on anything with a V hood.

I am sure it is not that easy but it's logical.
XLR28 is offline  
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
Q8KNIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 121
change the bumper? are u sure i know the bumper has been redesigned but i am sure the grill can be added to a v without changing the bumper
Q8KNIGHT is offline  
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8KNIGHT View Post
change the bumper? are u sure i know the bumper has been redesigned but i am sure the grill can be added to a v without changing the bumper
If you are sure--go ahead and order one. I'd hate to take the chance and find out it wouldn't work

Maybe you should wait until the '09 is out for sale, where you could see it first hand and be able to make a better decision, rather than relying on some spy pics.

Just my opinion

Cubby558
cubby558 is offline  
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:47 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
SilverX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV. - 08 Light Platinum
Posts: 251
Cool

Cubby -> very smart advice

SilverX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post


Maybe you should wait until the '09 is out for sale, where you could see it first hand and be able to make a better decision, rather than relying on some spy pics.

Cubby558

Enjoying life while we can. JP :o)
SilverX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome