Stock Lower Grill/Panel Cost - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22
Stock Lower Grill/Panel Cost

If the lower grill or the smoked panels on each side of the open grill get broken on your XLR, a replacement panel with the name "Cover" is available from Cadillac for $58.43. The part number is 15247799. That part number is for the entire lower grill and side panel assembly. It is about the same price (according to the local Huntsville AL Cadillac dealer) as if you order just one of the three pieces.
captam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44
Thanks for the info. I hope that I don't need it but this forum is great for all the answers and to save a few dollars.
Toffolo1 is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:49 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I had one smoked panel break on the way to BG and my dealer replaced it because the plastic should have been a hard poly plastic that could take a little beating.
Bobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffolo1 View Post
Thanks for the info. I hope that I don't need it but this forum is great for all the answers and to save a few dollars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
XLR KEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 316
Cool XLR Projectile

Quote:
Originally Posted by standby View Post
I had one smoked panel break on the way to BG and my dealer replaced it because the plastic should have been a hard poly plastic that could take a little beating.
Bobo
When going 158 mph, almost anything will break when hit by a rock........
XLR KEN is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
SilverX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV. - 08 Light Platinum
Posts: 251
Who was Standby chasing at that speed??????

SilverX


Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR KEN View Post
When going 158 mph, almost anything will break when hit by a rock........

Enjoying life while we can. JP :o)
SilverX is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
158 mph

Well silverX & My good buddy XLR Ken, if you know Hans, he likes to drive fast and I have never gone above 120, he asked me if he could take it up to the limiter.

I said yes, on a clean highway on both sides and about that time wouldn't you know that the highway cleared and I was at the wheel.

Sorry Hans, I didn't mean to steal your thunder, but someone had to find out how fast these V's where.

Gooooooooooooooo Hans
bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
Who was Standby chasing at that speed??????

SilverX






post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
jaxsully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by captam View Post
If the lower grill or the smoked panels on each side of the open grill get broken on your XLR, a replacement panel with the name "Cover" is available from Cadillac for $58.43. The part number is 15247799. That part number is for the entire lower grill and side panel assembly. It is about the same price (according to the local Huntsville AL Cadillac dealer) as if you order just one of the three pieces.

I went to my dealer today and was advised that this part number was $98.42. UGH
jaxsully is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 224
$73.53 from mine + shipping. That's for the whole thing, not just the center panel.
homegameroom is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsully View Post
I went to my dealer today and was advised that this part number was $98.42. UGH
Just ask cadillac tech what his price is and have him get it for you and ship it to you. I know he is probably more than willing to help


Cubby558
cubby558 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22
Alabama Dealer Price

Cubby/Homegameroom:
I did purchase the entire assembly (left panel, center grill, right panel) here in Huntsville AL from Bentley Cadillac for $58.43 plus local sales tax. Only the passenger side panel was broken, but for the price I decided to replace the whole assembly. Now I have a couple of extra pieces if required. A low flying bird hit the panel at night on the highway. It is a pretty cheaply made piece of plastic.
captam is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 03:27 PM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ah Ah!.........you are now a member of Jean's club for hitting birds, she has two bird kills, so she is the president of the club and I guess you can be the Vice-president. Jean and Jim are the organizers of the Rendezvous.
Bobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by captam View Post
Cubby/Homegameroom:
I did purchase the entire assembly (left panel, center grill, right panel) here in Huntsville AL from Bentley Cadillac for $58.43 plus local sales tax. Only the passenger side panel was broken, but for the price I decided to replace the whole assembly. Now I have a couple of extra pieces if required. A low flying bird hit the panel at night on the highway. It is a pretty cheaply made piece of plastic.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
XLR Pit Crew
 
XLR KEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 316
captam,

I'm still waiting for your committment for the Rendezvous. I'm still the only one from Bama to register. Let's go up in caravan and kill a few more birds together on the way; bring your spare grill parts.

XLR KEN
XLR KEN is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 AM
XLR Pit Crew
 
jaxsully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 83
Just called the parts department and told them I could get it for 58.23 elsewhere and they matched the price.

Thanks all!!!
jaxsully is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
standby
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
To Q8knight,
Yes, the grill is not functional. go to your dealer and try and get a piece of paper between the grill bars. the bottom part of grille is not very functional because of the radar behind for the ACC and the other plastic biece is just for show, but your V may have more air because the ACC is not on the V.
Hope this helps your decision.
Bobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR KEN View Post
captam,

I'm still waiting for your committment for the Rendezvous. I'm still the only one from Bama to register. Let's go up in caravan and kill a few more birds together on the way; bring your spare grill parts.

XLR KEN

Last edited by standby; 05-02-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome