Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Lost the battle and the war

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bandit 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 XLR with a certified cadillac warrenty and a 3 year gmpp major guard warrenty. I tried to get cadillac to fix my foggy head lamp/turn siginal problem. I went to the dealer, district rep, and cadillac customer service. The answer from all of them was "NO". I don't know what good a Cadillac warrenty is.
My wife wanted an new CTS, but after the bad experience with Cadillac, she just ordered another new Lexus ! There warrenty and customer service are wonderful !

#2 ·
I am sorry for your light issue. Have you read the postings in the technical section on rhis issue?

You fall into a select group that had this problem. The issue covered all of the 2004 model year and about 1/2 of the 2005 model year.

FWIW: The lights and other items are specifically excluded in both warrantys you have. Full replacement only happened under the original 4 year factory warranty. There have been numerous 50/50 splits, cutomer pays $100 administrative fee and dealer and factory pay some and the customer pays the rest (most).

I don't know if your wfe has really closed the deal on a new Lexus but if not you need to go and see the Cadillac General Manager and let him know first hand what is at stake. He may decide to do a deal on the headlights. It's business and he has something to lose.

BTW: Lexus isn't any better or worse on warranty stuff. They denied two different warranty issues on flaking cast wheels on their high end suv's and some other issues.

I think we as customers are still only as good as our last deal or the dealers perception of an impending one.

If this fails call Cadillac Customer Service and open up a claim. They will be surprised at how much you know about their handling of this issue and the model years affected. Also, mention thatyou are a member here. We have been privledged to enjoy a very good relationship with Cadillac since 2003 so it my help....or not.

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Regards

Jerry

#3 ·
Same senario (crystalized bezel)...after reading of some successful stories I tried Cadillac Customer Service up here in Canada, after a couple of weeks of back and forth with mostly denials of the problem they eventually said "someone may have put in a wrong bulb somewhere down the road"...SAD!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.