Rearview Mirror back up camera - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR General Discussion

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
T-Bone

Rearview Mirror back up camera

Has anyone had any success putting a rearview mirror back up camera in their XLR. I would like to have a back up camera system and this is the only other option I can come up with that would look factory. I doubt a replacement GM mirror will work because of the electronics Cadillac ran through the factory mirror.

I called TVandNav2go to see if they could add a video input to the factory Denso navigation unit. They said if I sent the unit to them they could add a vidieo input for $350.00. Sent them the unit only to have them call me and say there is no way to add a video input to this unit. Called several high end factory navigation repair companies in California who confirmed there is no way to add a video input to the Denso radios.
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
Kahuna
XLR Pit Crew

I am currently in the process of adding a rearview mirror backup camera system to my 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagen and made inquires about doing the same with my XLR. I have not been able to find a compatible unit for the XLR. As you have already mentioned, the electronics make it difficult and added to that is finding a mirror with the integrated interior lights AND a video screen - not to mention Onstar. GM uses Onstar mirrors with video screens on several of their SUVs and trucks. The problem is that they have had several design changes to the mirrors over the past several years and I believe that the design on the XLRs (at least the early ones) was a design that pre-dated the video option.

Depending on how much you are willing to invest, I believe that there are threads on this forum of people updating to Pioneer and other radio/nav systems that may be compatible with a rearview camera.
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement