Differences in model years - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR General Discussion

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Taktix1

Differences in model years

Hello all,

Just started doing some research on the XLR. Coming from an S2000 (which I love). On the S2000 boards, there was a thread that listed all the model year changes each year for the car so that future buyers could be more informed. Was wondering if there's anything like that here? The only thing I could gather so far is that 05 XLR's came with a 5spd transmission while 06's got a 6spd. Thanks for any and all help!
Taktix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
monepit
XLR Pit Crew

Not much change. The trans was one, headlights also changed. they turn with the wheel on the 06. you have to really know what to look for to tell the difference. I have an 04 and absolutely love it. You will love the car. they are awesome. There is some reliability differences between the 04 and 06 but they have all been addressed and updated. I have had all the updates done and mine has been trouble free since. After the updates, I believe the 04 and 06 are equal but the 04 can be bought for less so its about a wash. They are an awsome car though.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Kahuna
XLR Pit Crew

Just a clarification on the transmission - the change to a 6 speed was '07 for the standard XLR. '06 was the first year for the V and it had the 6 speed in '06. I know this because I have an '06 XLR and it has the 5 speed.

Most other changes were minor cosmetic changes including a mild facelift for '09 and a steering wheel change in '08. Paint colors and options like chrome wheels and grills vary by year.
Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Lance Joseph

model year changes

2007 was the biggest change with the 6 spd added, but if you care about rarity, of the 17,000 XLRs made over 6 years, almost 14,000 were 2004-6 models, about 4k per year. It dropped to less than 1,500 a year for 07, 08 and 09s. 2008 had the all the options including heated 6 button steering wheel with bluetooth integrated into radio, and there was a ltd ed. Alpine White XLR, 250 made and about 60 are XLR-Vs. That's my choice for the most desireable XLR (I have a 2007 Passion Red edition)
Lance Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
XLR I FL
Administrator

Welcome to the XLR Forum.

We hope you enjoy your membership here and we appreciate your factual summary of the XLR.

Best wishes

Jerry
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Joseph View Post
2007 was the biggest change with the 6 spd added, but if you care about rarity, of the 17,000 XLRs made over 6 years, almost 14,000 were 2004-6 models, about 4k per year. It dropped to less than 1,500 a year for 07, 08 and 09s. 2008 had the all the options including heated 6 button steering wheel with bluetooth integrated into ra
dio, and there was a ltd ed. Alpine White XLR, 250 made and about 60 are XLR-Vs. That's my choice for the most desireable XLR (I have a 2007 Passion Red edition)
Thanks for your thoughts about the Alpine White. Mine must be an early one because it does not appear to have Bluetooth unless it is hidden. No mention of it in the handbook. Would love to find it exists as it would eliminate the need for the Onstar Phone!
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #7
Alarmu12
XLR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by taktix1 View Post
hello all,

just started doing some research on the xlr. Coming from an s2000 (which i love). On the s2000 boards, there was a thread that listed all the model year changes each year for the car so that future buyers could be more informed. Was wondering if there's anything like that here? The only thing i could gather so far is that 05 xlr's came with a 5spd transmission while 06's got a 6spd. Thanks for any and all help!
My 07 has the head lights that move with the steering wheel. It has the gm emblem on the rear quarter panel. The later models do not have the aerial bump on the trunk. The 08 and 09 have 6 buttons on the steering wheel. I think they have the bluetooth radio. The 09 has a better looking grille and trunk. The platinum series have a chrome grille.
If you can afford it get a 2009 with a warranty and buy the extended warranty 2 months before the factory warranty runs out or else you cannot get it. Without a warranty on a older model can cost you in repairs what would have cost you for a newer model and you still have the old model without the new features.
Alarmu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement