2005 XLR oil leak problem - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion > Engine

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
cjurras

2005 XLR oil leak problem

I have a 2005 XLR which is in for the 4th time with an oil leak. When it started I had only 1 or 2 drops on the garage floor. With each fix it has gotten worse. I have an extended warranty so it is being fixed under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the fix. They are trying to tell me the engine needs to be replaced as it is porous. Sure doesn't sound right to me as I have rebuild cars over the years and never heard of anything like this. I did read a post that also took 4 time to fix the leak and they said GM finally did an embedded gasket on the oil pan. Each fix takes more than a week and this is getting old.
cjurras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
XLR I FL
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjurras View Post
I have a 2005 XLR which is in for the 4th time with an oil leak. When it started I had only 1 or 2 drops on the garage floor. With each fix it has gotten worse. I have an extended warranty so it is being fixed under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was the fix. They are trying to tell me the engine needs to be replaced as it is porous. Sure doesn't sound right to me as I have rebuild cars over the years and never heard of anything like this. I did read a post that also took 4 time to fix the leak and they said GM finally did an embedded gasket on the oil pan. Each fix takes more than a week and this is getting old.
FIRST: Welcome to the XLR Forum.

There is a thread on oil leaks in the Technical Section. Also, GM Cadillac have a computerized knowledge database with all of the reported repairs for the XLR. So the dealer can access it and garner the best fix for yur situation.

Like you I really doubt that the block is too pourus. I have never heard of any XLR that had to have the block replaced due to a pourus engine block.

Aren't you glad you have a warranty?

Please let us know how this turns out.

If we can help just post again.

Regards

Jerry
XLR I FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement