Corsa on a V!! Pictures and long! - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR-V

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
popbigguy
XLR Pit Crew

Corsa on a V!! Pictures and long!

I've been wanting a Corsa system on my V since I heard Galen's on the way to RII, but as we all knew there was no system for the V's. NO MORE!! I got my Corsa's on now and I love them!! I ordered a stock XLR system (14156) knowing that it may not fit a V, but thinking that I could get it in. Luckily I called the Corsa Technical Service Rep. Got ahold of a great guy, Paul. He confirmed what I thought that the systems for the V is different from the XLR. The rear hangers are different on the H-pipe. What he suggested was a Vette C6 h-pipe kit (14166).

The Xlr system is on the left, the C-6 H-pipe on the right. Notice the hangers where the pipes "V" out. There on different planes on the pipes. The C6 above the pipes, the X's in about the middle of the pipes.

Here's a pcture of the stock sytem out of the car with the corsa systems.

A picture of the C-6 H-pipe on the car:

Also while I had the exhaust system off I replaced the Tunnel plate with a Elite Engineering plate

The blue strips is tape with the holes numbered so that I can keep track of whick bolt we have torqued, There's 36 bolts!!

The stock plate on the car:

The stock and new plate:

Look at the difference of the thickness of the plates:

The car with no tunnel plate and exhaust system:

Picture of the torque tube, see the exhaust hangers hanging loose?:

The tunnel plate on the car:

Here's some sound clips of the car without Corsa's and with the Corsa's. Let's hope this works!

Stock system:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ckSound042.flv

The corsa System:
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/a...saSound044.flv

I LOVE MY CORSA'S AND THE SOUND!
If anybody wants the Corsa Technical Service Rep 800 phone number and the Ext number of the Paul that I talked too let me know. I hope he won't mind, he was a great help and everything worked and bolted and hung right up no problems!

Chad

Last edited by popbigguy; 11-26-2007 at 11:44 AM.
popbigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Cliff8928
XLR Pit Crew

Nice improvement! I'm sure the video doesn't do it justice! I probably would've gotten a corsa or equivalent if the car wasn't a lease, Instead it got two $20 mufflers and some nice low-profile tips.
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
Galen
XLR Pit Crew

exhaust

Nice job Chad! Sounds great. Looks like I'm going to have to get my plate also. Now we can go cruzing.
Galen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #4
popbigguy
XLR Pit Crew

That EE tunnel plate is the one with the insulation on it. I can't tell if it has helped with the heat in the tunnel console yet. It's only been 30-40 degrees around here lately(Shut up CA & FL people!). When we took off the stock plate, there is insulation up in the "hump" of the console. Guess I'll have to wait till summer!
Chad
Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
mswaim

The sound improvement is awesome!

Very nice.

Too bad about that 30-40 degrees.................we were cruising around Santa Monica with the top down; 75 degrees.
mswaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #6
DarkJediTL
XLR Pit Crew

Hey where's my credit for assisting with the install and taking the pictures?

But yes, I will agree, it sounds awsome. It makes the car sound like a sports car and cuts the drone in the cabin, it puts the noise where you want it, at the back of the car. There is also a great burble on the downshift. Chad is going to be going through a lot more gas now, as he is going to be reving up the car just to hear the Corsa's when driving around town.
DarkJediTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #7
Galen
XLR Pit Crew

Yes, you did take great pictures. And thats not easy when you have a drop light under the car. If I may ask, what kind of camera is that you were using Tim? Leinda wants one for xmas.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #8
Galen
XLR Pit Crew

Question

Chad, or Tim, I see two H tubes on the floor. Did Corsa make you buy the one that comes with the kit and then buy the Vette H tube, for the V? I might add Chad, you defiantly want to retorque the nuts and bolts on the hangers. They will be loose, after about two hundred miles.

Last edited by Galen; 11-27-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
popbigguy
XLR Pit Crew

OH,,, YEA,, DUH,,,, Gotta give credit to my assistant mechanic and director of photography,,, Tim... I hope he had as much fun as I did working of the car, it was a get time!!

Galen,,,, Yea (darn it), I had to buy two systems. The XLR system and then the C6 H-pipe kit. I asked the tech when I called them if I could just get the C-6 system, but the mufflers are different on the Vettes. The X's tips on the muf's are longer. Think about it,,, the back on a Vette is flat and the X's back sticks out more with the bumper parts and back. The over axle pipes are the same for the X and Vette.

Retorqueing,,, ugh... Yea I know that I have to do it!! The exhaust system will be easy! It's the tunnel plate I not looking forward too. There's 36 bolts and look at the picture of the C-6 H-pipe, it has tunnel mufflers, I got to get around that too retorque those bolts. With that heat insulation on the plate I know that I'll retighten these bolts several times. I tried to "precompress" that insulation before I put it on the car. Look at the picture of the stock tunnel plate on the car and you can see one of the bolts is missing. I got a nut for that bolt and used it to tighten it on the plate before I put it on the car to squeeze the insulation. If anyone wants to do this, buy a new seperate bolt to do this! I nearly worn the threads off of that bolt tighten it to the plate 36 times!!

Chad

Last edited by popbigguy; 11-27-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
popbigguy
XLR Pit Crew

OH,,, The camera... I sure Tim's busy and can't answer (maybe) he's in Europe, work!

It's a Sony DSC-P100 that we got both the kids for X-mas a few years back. Sony probably has different models by now. It's a 5.1 mega pixels, I wouldn't get a camera less than that in pixels or else the pictures will look grainy, think of the louse cell phone pictures. There only usually 1-2 mega pixels.

Chad
Old 03-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
steve246810

Nice job and thanks for posting the sound clip

You have done everyone a favor, so I'm saying thanks.
Just got my 2006 XLR and being old school, it needs to sound meaner.
Great post with good information
steve246810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
Punisher

Hey big guy nice job with the exhaust and taking care off the heat issues. If you want to get rid of the stock plate give me a pm I'll buy it. Found from vette guy's that you double up a stock one to get the aftermarket thickness. I did mine and had the second one ceramic coated to redirect heat. Same thing don't see difference yet. Waiting for summer. I also had the h- pipe done inside and out. Are the exhaust tubes on the Corsa 2.5"? Really the reason the Corsa has less renosance is the extra chambers on the h-pipe I think. I also think that the stainless doesn't help the problem it retains and radiates heat like 4 times more than steel. System looks great though sounds good too.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement