AUX inputs for Cadillac XLR ..where is it? - Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums
» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Cadillac XLR Forum: XLR and XLR-V Forums > XLR Discussion > Cadillac XLR Technical Discussion

XlrForum.com is the premier Cadillac XLR Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
Spanish_Emarati
XLR Pit Crew

Question AUX inputs for Cadillac XLR ..where is it?

there is AUX button on the screen of navigation but i dont know where i can plug in my ipod or any outside devices to be connected to the car...
any idea where is AUX input located...it would be stupidity if it is behind the screen ..

i have now CTS and it has audi and vedio inputs near the cup holder..thats awwsome...why they didnt do it for XLR...pay more but get less ..

XLR is all about the shape...but other brand such as CTS or DTS have more options that i really like to see in XLR's....i wish
Spanish_Emarati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
homegameroom
XLR Pit Crew

Per one of the folks at Bowling Green, GM is coming out with an iPod-type adapter that will work in the XLR; it will probably debut sometime in the spring of 2008. I also ahve seen the "AUX" input button and have wondered where, but not wondered enough to actually look for anything.
homegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #3
cubby558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish_Emarati View Post
there is AUX button on the screen of navigation but i dont know where i can plug in my ipod or any outside devices to be connected to the car...
any idea where is AUX input located...it would be stupidity if it is behind the screen ..

i have now CTS and it has audi and vedio inputs near the cup holder..thats awwsome...why they didnt do it for XLR...pay more but get less ..

XLR is all about the shape...but other brand such as CTS or DTS have more options that i really like to see in XLR's....i wish
If you do a search on ipod you can find what you are looking for. However, I've done it for you.

Click on this link, it should help you: http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.p...highlight=ipod

Cubby558
cubby558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
motorboat
XLR Pit Crew

Exclamation

The ones from GMGEEK don't work well.
I have two different ones from him and they don't work that well.
He will not answer any email any more.
If you want one of these to try let me know and we can make a deal. They cost over two hundred dollars so make your best offer....
Blaise
motorboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
five337

I don't have any experience with the ones from GMGEEK, but the one from
http://www.coastaletech.com works great for me in a 2006 XLR. (Picture attached of my iPhone playing nice with the XLR)

Just like most of the ones you find, it plugs in to the XM harness right before the XM receiver.

The box that you buy has 2 inputs. One is an iPod dock connector and one set of left/right RCAs. If you look at the picture at http://www.coastaletech.com/iPHONE%20INTERFACE.htm you can see the RCA connectors.

XM1 = iPod
XM2 = RCA Inputs

Now, if you really just want audio forced thru the XM with no iPod control, you can splice in to the XM harness http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1748480
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XLR.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	458  
five337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
jlmartin99
XLR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by five337 View Post
http://www.coastaletech.com works great for me in a 2006 XLR. (Picture attached of my iPhone playing nice with the XLR)

Just like most of the ones you find, it plugs in to the XM harness right before the XM receiver.

The box that you buy has 2 inputs. One is an iPod dock connector and one set of left/right RCAs. If you look at the picture at http://www.coastaletech.com/iPHONE%20INTERFACE.htm you can see the RCA connectors.

XM1 = iPod
XM2 = RCA Inputs

Now, if you really just want audio forced thru the XM with no iPod control, you can splice in to the XM harness http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1748480

Greetings five337,

Thank you for this information. This is another option for Cadillac XLR owners. Thanks again.

JLM
jlmartin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #7
cubby558

Quote:

XM1 = iPod
XM2 = RCA Inputs

Liked what I saw from yor post, so Iordered one yesterday. It wasn't real clear--do you get all the cable for complete hookup?

Cubby558
Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
five337

Please drop them an email and tell them that you are installing it to an XLR. They sent out a class 3 cable with mine and the XLR is a class 2 system. Depending on where you clicked on their website it sends you a different harness.

You get the little black box, XM wire harness and the iPod Dock Connector.

You DO NOT get a way to hook up the AUX RCA inputs. You need to supply your own cable to get from the RCAs on the box to your MP3/Audio device. Shouldn't be more than $10 from Radio Shack.

Let me know if you have any questions !
Old 09-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #9
Cliff8928
XLR Pit Crew

I was wondering how they showed that on a new GM LAN radio and were also using it on the XLR. The XLR has a quite confusing data bus setup with both Class 2 and GM LAN systems.
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 AM   #10
five337

Yup, the same box works on both buses. There is a dip switch that you set to indicate which bus you are on.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
PD Auto Concept

PIE makes a very good IPOD Integration setup which mounts and connect in the opening behind your console. We have installed several of these units in customer cars and had no complaints. Hope this helps
PD Auto Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #12
cubby558

Quote:
Please drop them an email and tell them that you are installing it to an XLR. They sent out a class 3 cable with mine and the XLR is a class 2 system. Depending on where you clicked on their website it sends you a different harness.

You get the little black box, XM wire harness and the iPod Dock Connector.

You DO NOT get a way to hook up the AUX RCA inputs. You need to supply your own cable to get from the RCAs on the box to your MP3/Audio device. Shouldn't be more than $10 from Radio Shack.

Let me know if you have any questions !
Got the unit yesterday afternoon and installed it in a matter of minutes (checked everything out before getting it so I was familiar with where it was at.) Unit works great!!

Thanks for all your info,

Cubby558
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #13
aerobat3
XLR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
Got the unit yesterday afternoon and installed it in a matter of minutes (checked everything out before getting it so I was familiar with where it was at.) Unit works great!!

Thanks for all your info,

Cubby558
I'm not sure if you're referring to the unit from coastalelectronics or the PIE unit. My XML subscription runs out soon, and since I'm not impressed by the reception, I'd rather have my iPod. thanks

aerobat
aerobat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #14
cubby558

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobat3 View Post
I'm not sure if you're referring to the unit from coastalelectronics or the PIE unit. My XML subscription runs out soon, and since I'm not impressed by the reception, I'd rather have my iPod. thanks

aerobat
Got the unit from costal. Easy to read instructions, very easy to hook up. PM me if you got any questions and I'll try and help!!

Cubby558
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
aerobat3
XLR Pit Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
Got the unit from costal. Easy to read instructions, very easy to hook up. PM me if you got any questions and I'll try and help!!

Cubby558
Thanks. I'll order it, and I probably will have some questions.

Rob
aerobat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement