Cadillac XLR Forum banner

Rear wheel alignment

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CadillacCustSvc 
#1 ·
Has any one had problems with rear wheel alignment. I had a nail in my tire and when I had it fixed I iwas shown wear on the inside of both rear wheels. I had a four wheel alignment done. I took the car on a 3000 mile trip. When I returned I had problems keeping air in the right wheel. When I took it in to have it checked they showed me that the tire was eaten up on the inside. I took it to the dealer and he said the right wheel was out again and I must have hit something. almost a 500 dollar tire done. This doesnt sound right since I know I did not hit anything.

#2 ·
I have my vehicles checked and aligned once ever year when I have the tires rotated and I DO NOT TAKE THEM TO A DEALER! I take my vehicles to a performance shop that specializes in high performance vehicles. A 4 wheel alignment on my XLR (if it needs it) only costs about $80.00 dollars.
I have never found an auto dealer that has the proper equipment to do a 4 wheel alignment, they take your vehicle to shops like the one I use to have it aligned then charge you 3 to 4 times as much as THEY pay for the work. You should check with shops like PepBoys and if they can not do the work, ask them if they know a place, other than the dealer, that specializes in the work you need to have done.
Every car dealer I've taken my vehicles to have ripped me off in one way or another!

#3 ·
Sorry to hear about the issue you had at your dealership. If you would like us to document your concern in more detail, please provide your VIN#, name of the dealership, current mileage, your name, contact information, and situation in a PM. I hope all is well despite any car issues.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.