Cadillac XLR Forum banner

battery connector bolt size

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  thumper 
#1 ·
I want to install a battery tender for the winter on my 05 xlr. Instead of removing the connector nut, I was just going to install the tender cable over the existing nut and add another nut. I searched but couldn't find the nut size on the connector. Anyone know what size bolt/nut was used on these?
Thanks for your help.

Larry

#2 ·
V Happy

Larry
I know this is a little late but the nut size is 10mm. I will try to send some pictures of how I set mine up for the tender. Bought a adaptor from Summit racing. It has a capped tender plug in on one side that I extended beside the hood seal and brought up near my passengers wiper. It has a weather cap so it is ok in rain or snow. This way I can hook up to the tender if the doors are locked. The other end has a hot lead that has an in line fuse. I hooked this up to the red hot lead that is visable when you raise the fuse cover. this is a 13mm nut. You will have to add a large round electrical end that will be crimped to hot lead. The negative lead I hooked to the 10mm negative nut on the battery. (smaller round crimped connector is need on this end) Larry have pictures but could not up load. If needed send me your email and I will forward them.
V Happy

#6 · (Edited)
Here is a pic of my installation.
There was enough thread sticking out above the existing nuts that I could just add another nut on top.
I like the idea of having it accessible with the hood down in case the battery ever goes dead.
The exposed connector has a cap to keep out the rain. (not that I'd ever take it out in the rain ;-} )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.